The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Colton White

He's got good size (6'1", 187) and is a LHD, wonder if we should pick him up and drop Brad Hunt?
While he's another puck mover I'd think he'd at least be better, since Hunt and Schenn haven't looked good (He went -3 against Buffalo).  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

He's got good size (6'1", 187) and is a LHD, wonder if we should pick him up and drop Brad Hunt?
While he's another puck mover I'd think he'd at least be better, since Hunt and Schenn haven't looked good (He went -3 against Buffalo).  

Interesting that you say "Hunt and Schenn haven't looked good", but Schenn has a better +/- than Hunt, 0, as opposed to -3. And yet, the entire team played like crap! I agree with you about Hunt's usefulness, or lack there of.

Edited by robr1can
Correction
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

6'1" 187 is now what we call "Good Size"?

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, robr1can said:

Interesting that you say "Hunt and Schenn haven't looked good", but Schenn has a better +/- than Hunt, 0, as opposed to -3. And yet, the entire team played like crap! I agree with you about Hunt's usefulness, or lack there of.

Well said!!..Schenn's as advertised, slower big stay at home defenseman who can slot in when called on, he's not a Quinn type. I thought he was OK in the 1 game he's played.. Hunt Bah!!..should have kept OJ IMO

41 minutes ago, robr1can said:

If you're a defensive defenseman who's built like he is, you don't get put into a spin cycle like he did when Thompson scored for Buffalo, and he was Schenn's guy.

Hunt gets flamed for 1 bad game.  C'mon

He made the team out of camp.  That's why they play so many pre-season games.  Hockey professionals thought he was the 4th best LHD

The 33 year old is a place holder.  I'm sure there are plans for the future but for now, they decided to go with him over Juolevi who they traded for a short term need (Lammikko) and a project (Juulson)

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Hunt gets flamed for 1 bad game.  C'mon

He made the team out of camp.  That's why they play so many pre-season games.  Hockey professionals thought he was the 4th best LHD

The 33 year old is a place holder.  I'm sure there are plans for the future but for now, they decided to go with him over Juolevi who they traded for a short term need (Lammikko) and a project (Juulson)

Hunt shouldn't have made the team out of camp though.  He's proven over the course of career that he's garbage in his own zone, and isn't good enough to be an NHLer even in an emergency situation.  He's worse than useless and it's entirely on the coaching staff that he was permitted to disgrace the team for that one game.  He needs to go, and so do the coaches if they think the way he plays in his own zone even approaches an acceptable standard.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Hunt shouldn't have made the team out of camp though.  He's proven over the course of career that he's garbage in his own zone, and isn't good enough to be an NHLer even in an emergency situation.  He's worse than useless and it's entirely on the coaching staff that he was permitted to disgrace the team for that one game.  He needs to go, and so do the coaches if they think the way he plays in his own zone even approaches an acceptable standard.

Well... I wouldn't label Hunt as "garbage" but I suppose that's a subjective word...  To me Virtanen is a real garbage! 

I just hope JB and Green wouldn't get bitten in the ass for giving up on Juolevi this early...  To me he seems more defensively sound than Hunt... We could have stashed Hunt down in Abby as first LHD call-up but oh well....  Sigh! 

On 10/22/2021 at 3:24 PM, Phil_314 said:

Lol well, according to the Score, the average size for new defensemen from 2019-20 was 6-foot-1, 191 pounds; so yes, it's "good not great" :P.

So he's actually slightly below average then.....and since when is below average considered good? 

• Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1