The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Let's get Kraken: Canucks @ Kraken - Oct 23rd, 2021, 7:00pm PST

Rate this topic

therodigy

30 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I went to a Shamrocks/Salmonbellies game a few years ago while the election was on, and this gentleman was literally switching between the two teams jerseys between stoppages in play and taking pictures. I know local Lacrosse games aren't the biggest deal, and politicians typically are known for doing whatever they can to get favour, but that seemed particularly brazen.

Not at all relevant to the thread, but seeing him in a jersey brought that memory back.

Also, I hate to be Duane from Buffalo, but that's a fake jersey. C'mon Horgan, put a little more effort in.

Edited by McBackup
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I went to Shamrocks/Salmonbellies game a few years ago while the election was on, and this gentleman was literally switching between the two teams jerseys between stoppages in play and taking pictures. I know local Lacrosse games aren't the biggest deal, and politicians typically are known for doing whatever they can to get favour, but that seemed particularly brazen.

Not at all relevant to the thread, but seeing him in a jersey brought that memory back.

Also, I hate to be Duane from Buffalo, but that's a fake jersey. C'mon Horgan, put a little more effort in.

Everything he does is half as%#d.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Podz is going to continuously sit I'd rather see him sent to Abby so he can at least play. He's not going to learn anything by sitting in the damn press box.

I'm sure he'll come back in after our next loss. Coaches don't like the change a winning line-up (unless it's a key player coming back from injury).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Podz NEEDS to PLAY...so frustrating when we have a promising prospect getting scratched early on in the season. He needs time to ADAPT and GROW with his TEAMMATES!!

Will be a joyous day when we 1 day change coaches. I think we could be farther along if we had gone a different route after Willie, instead of hiring another cheap 1st time NHL coach. But some will say he could be the next John Cooper still right!?!?

I'd rotate Podz in for a few games with Highmore or Dowling slotting out.  I think Chiasson stays cuz he's on PP1.

Btw...did they fix Chiasson name on his jersey yet?  Lol. :P

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

I'm sure he'll come back in after our next loss. Coaches don't like the change a winning line-up (unless it's a key player coming back from injury).

I really hate that. Podz wasn't the problem against Buffalo.

And what happens if we were to go on a win streak? Does he just sit that whole time?

8 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

If Podz is going to continuously sit I'd rather see him sent to Abby so he can at least play. He's not going to learn anything by sitting in the damn press box.

He's played better than Highmore, Dowling and Chiasson.  Then again, so did Gadjovich.  Instead of demoting Podkolzin, Benning needs to either tell Green to stop icing useless plugs, or replace him with a coach who can be trusted to set the lineup correctly.  This is ridiculous.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

He's played better than Highmore, Dowling and Chiasson.  Then again, so did Gadjovich.  Instead of demoting Podkolzin, Benning needs to either tell Green to stop icing useless plugs, or replace him with a coach who can be trusted to set the lineup correctly.  This is ridiculous.

Would love a line up of...Hogz Dickinson Podz