The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long have you been on the forum for?

MattWN.

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Most recently registered in 2018. Had another account must be over 10 years ago. Was a guest for a long time too.

Which reminds me when I was a guest @-SN- I believe would pop up saying I’ve been in the forum a could register an account. I can’t remember the exact details. Was that a thing? 

Profile says May 5th, 2006. I remember years back I hadn't been on it a number of years, and when I came back the majority of my posts were gone. I know I had at least 6k at one point. But admitedly the majority of those were in white noise. I suspect that white noise posts didn't count towards the total, or at some point they posts just got deleted.

Since 2009, I log in and read everyday, but don't post all that often.

Ive read a lot of interesting information and I really appreciate the opinions and wealth of knowledge supplied through the forum. There is the occasional bell end who doesn't know when to stop but in general there is a good balance of banter, and constructive conversation.

This forum is a really good source of knowledge. Congrats to you all for contributing. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Profile says May 5th, 2006. I remember years back I hadn't been on it a number of years, and when I came back the majority of my posts were gone. I know I had at least 6k at one point. But admitedly the majority of those were in white noise. I suspect that white noise posts didn't count towards the total, or at some point they posts just got deleted.

I know a lot of posts were archived from the early 2010s and older and thus removed from post counts. I had at least another 5000 posts that aren't on my account. I think VC lost drastically more than that. For older users who hadn't posted in a long time, many of them ended up with very few posts remaining, making them appear like new users or long-time lurkers.

10 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Since 2009, I log in and read everyday, but don't post all that often.

Ive read a lot of interesting information and I really appreciate the opinions and wealth of knowledge supplied through the forum. There is the occasional bell end who doesn't know when to stop but in general there is a good balance of banter, and constructive conversation.

This forum is a really good source of knowledge. Congrats to you all for contributing. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MattWN. said:

I think I was banned a few times in the 2004-2008 era.

But then when I google my old username theres still an existing account with the name, which has a more recent join date.

Honestly, I have no idea. I also had a strange username when I logged in today too.

Wait...your profile pic.

You're not...

You can't be...

Flinch? 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I know a lot of posts were archived from the early 2010s and older and thus removed from post counts. I had at least another 5000 posts that aren't on my account. I think VC lost drastically more than that. For older users who hadn't posted in a long time, many of them ended up with very few posts remaining, making them appear like new users or long-time lurkers.

Yup, I'm definitely in that crowd. My post count is not high, I generally only post when I feel there's something really worth saying. But If those archived posts didn't go away, I bet I would be closer to 10k. Not that it really matters, just thought it was interesting.

• Cheers 1

Good times when there was a Calgary Flames thread and I got to go at it with a Lames Fan. 

I wonder if he still thinks Olli Jokeinin was a great pick-up.

Also the lead-up to the Mat Sundin signing was pretty fun following updates from Jp Barry on 1040. 

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

The kids used my initials to make a user name for me.  Then, because my initials are ALF, a poster associated me with an 80’s TV Puppet.  I had never even seen the show!  It’s a strange way I got on here, and then became Alf (the furry TV puppet).  Fun as hell being here though.  It’s good you’re back.  Hope you hate the Leafs and Habs.  

Do you really hate the leafs and the habs ?

If so why ?

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

How did you remember your password?  Mrs Alf got pissed at always reminding me what my password is, so she wrote it on the back of my iPad.  :lol:

I don't know, I somehow got in without it

giphy.gifWow, is it really coming up on 14 YEARS? 

I didn't know about this place, my son tagged me in when he was done here.  We had an unwritten rule that we didn't really invade each other's space or cross paths on the internet.  He hooked up with his girl (now wife) here on the CDC dating site then had no more use for it and said I'd probably like it in here.  I'd just been banned from the CFL site and needed a new home.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, CanuckNut4Life said:

I remember that, trying to find some evidence of my existence but I was more of a lurker back then. I remember being on whatever version of the forums there were back in 00-01 talking about the merits of Felix Potvin.

So many old names that I've forgotten about, a few that I banned as well when I was a mod 10 years ago.

Edited by canuckster19