The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Oct. 23, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 hours ago, theochar said:

WTF is a kraken???! Giant squid or octopus??? These people got paid to come up with this? Damn if I was a player Id refuse to sign just because of the sh*t uniforms and name

The Kraken is a mythological creature of mainly Norse origin. It’s said to be an enormous cephalopod well over 1000 feet in length that would grab seaward ships in the deepest parts of the ocean and rip them apart. It’s quite an interesting legend. 

4 hours ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

I love Motte, but Garland's skill level is at least one level higher than his. Garland is shiftier with the puck, is a much better stick handler, has a higher offensive IQ (take a look at his positioning and his awareness of his teammates and his opponents) and it seems like a more accurate shot. Don't want to crap on college forwards, but...Gaudette and Vesey won the Hobey Baker award as the best player in college.

Yea weisbroad is a little too high on college guys for this teams own good.

Stick to the chl.

• Haha 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I guess. I didnt bother scanning back far enough to get the context of the conversation. I just just saw the one post as was like "Well gee whiz, that's not true!"

Maybe the poster was being serious?  It’s just so blatantly wrong I thought it must be sarcasm, no?  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'm certainly not writing Rathbone off. I think he absolutely has the potential to be a bonafide top 4 in this league. Furthermore, I think the constant crapping on him by certain members of this board isnt helpful or productive. Rookies will go through challenges. You need to give them time to adapt and overcome those challenges.

That said, Hughes is just in a different league when it comes to mobility from the blueline. He's a special player.

Pretty obvious to me he is the cornerstone of this team and I'm a big EP40 fan.

The kid misses most of camp and plays 27 mins a night showing barely any rust.

I think he gets 75+ points and is a plus player, kid is on another level this season and seems to have his partner going forward.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Pretty obvious to me he is the cornerstone of this team and I'm a big EP40 fan.

The kid misses most of camp and plays 27 mins a night showing barely any rust.

I think he gets 75+ points and is a plus player, kid is on another level this season and seems to have his partner going forward.

Meanwhile EP40 needs to go down for a conditioning stint. He is playing really soft and slow right now.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Meanwhile EP40 needs to go down for a conditioning stint. He is playing really soft and slow right now.

There was a play early in the 3rd (I think), he fumbled the puck entering the O-zone and kinda looked down and reached for it while he skated into double coverage in the boards.. 

Think it was Oleksiak, but some Seattle dman let up on him... that shouldn't happen.

It was lazy and dangerous. He's lucky

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 2

9 hours ago, nergish said:

Motter came up so clutch at times in the playoffs too. He's really not that much less skilled than Garland... in College he was a pretty gifted offensive player.

Before the big trade and knowing that Motte would be out to start the season, I was expecting a bit of a leap in his production. 

Sutter can also chip in from time to time, and this team could use a bit more of a veteran presence with face-off ability, and defensive awareness.

Key words: In College.

It takes a lot to transition to the pro level. Garland so far has been able to do it better than Motte at the highest level. I think what you see is what you get with Motte.

He's a good energy guy but I have to disagree on the idea that him and Garland are close skill-wise. 

Garland is a legit top 6 winger. Motte is a bottom six player. There is a distinction there.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Can't believe that it was longer than the road trip in 2010 around the Olympics. Didn't look into it but I just remember reading about how many clothes the guys all needed to take with them.

To start the season, not all time.