The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (24-30) 2021

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Ooooo looks like the Oilers could be getting their loss of the season!!! maybe this will mean the Flyers will nice and tired against the Nucks?

By tradition the Canucks Always loses the second of their back-to-backs and loses against teams in their second of back-to-backs.. it is just the way it is :frantic:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Cool, now we can stop hearing about Edmonton being unbeaten and get back to the usual billion McDavid segments

You noticed that as well. I don't mind watching the Oilers but they can't keep the camera of McDavid. And then the commercials, good grief. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Tough luck Oilers. Lol.

Yep refs did all they could with their perfectly timed powerplays.

Pretty amusing watching the league pump up McDavids stats with powerplay after powerplay. 

When people try to compare the greats of the past I don’t think today’s players compare. I mean obviously they’re way more skilled and faster skaters, but I can only imagine how many points Gretzky or Lemieux would have had if their team got 7 powerplays a game.

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yep refs did all they could with their perfectly timed powerplays.

Pretty amusing watching the league pump up McDavids stats with powerplay after powerplay. 

When people try to compare the greats of the past I don’t think today’s players compare. I mean obviously they’re way more skilled and faster skaters, but I can only imagine how many points Gretzky or Lemieux would have had if their team got 7 powerplays a game.

Yup. League is a farce. Hawks literally break the law and a small fine for them and a GM gone who lets face it was on borrowed time. The other old geezers were close to retirement anyways. Draft picks and many were the very least they could punish them with.