The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is going to be our scoring leader this year?

Rate this topic

danjr

2021 -2022 scoring leader???  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You are forgetting he is the emotional leader when needed.

He is intense and can perform in so many areas of the game. I know he can be frustrating but the dude is a stud. 

He and Garland are some grit that this team have needed for years. 

Incredible thievery by the great Benning getting Miller and Garland for two firsts.  And those picks were (are) ended up being garbage players.  We win!  Only a complete idiot wouldn’t be happy with these two players and in the trades we got them.  Seriously a person would have to be beyond stupid to think these trades weren’t steals.  And look at those contracts!  Way to go Benning!  I guess some of our fans are just dumb.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 1

I think a good case could be made for Garland, but I went with Miller. Lots of options though. Petey. Boeser, and Hughes are also all options as well and if things go either poorly for the team or really well for Bo, he could lead the team in scoring too.

I went with Miller. As much as he isn't passing the eye test right now, the dude just collects points. 

Garland is awesome, but I imagine his pace will slow down a bit. 

Boeser should collect his fair share of points. He isn't totally on his game right now, but I'm not worried about him.

Petey is the big question mark. At this point I wouldn't put money on him to be in the top 3 on the team. Hell, top 5 is even questionable at this point. Hopefully he pulls it together and proves me wrong. In order for this team to be successful Petey HAS to be our best player.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

You forgot to add Garland as an option in the poll.

OMFG how did I miss him.  He was in my original six players of my post.
Going to go sit in the sin bin for a while.
Sorry to screw the pooch on this one.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yes I notice that also...I think he will be moved this summer as we have several big contracts coming up ..

Boeser this summer 7.5 million and then Horvat and Miller summer of 2023...

Horvat will be getting a big pay day and Miller might want more...

Trade Miller this summer get 1st rounder and great prospect back..Miller will have 1 yr left on contract if they trade him this summer... Have to make tough moves can't keep everyone...

For his current antics I would think he's on the outside in terms of being "core" member compared to Hughes, Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser and Demko. With that said, I find it really tough to trade him. He's the engine of the team when he's going and if Pettersson wants him around then it might hurt the team too much to move him. The problem is we haven't seen that form since the bubble really; he put up a lot of points last year playing half as well as he could. If the Canucks want to do any damage in the Playoffs they'll need him to their best player again. It's a gamble but I don't think Benning would risk something so important until he's forced to, (ie. Hughes, Horvat and Pettersson want him gone). 

5 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

You are forgetting he is the emotional leader when needed.

He is intense and can perform in so many areas of the game. I know he can be frustrating but the dude is a stud. 

He and Garland are some grit that this team have needed for years. 

I agree. I just pointed it out above but if the Canucks want to do any damage this year in the Playoffs, they'll need Miller to be driving them again. 

• Cheers 1