The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is going to be our scoring leader this year?

Rate this topic

danjr

2021 -2022 scoring leader???  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, wildcam said:

Interesting, I sure hope so... I think he could break record for Vancouver D man soon 63 points??

I say  Hughes between 55 - 65 points ,6th in scoring with Vancouver..

1. Petey -- 75-80  PTS - G 28

2. Garland -- 67 PTS. - G 30

3. Boeser -- 64 PTS - G 27

4. Miller --  63 PTS - G 24

5. Horvat 63 PTS - G 25

6. Hughes  56 PTS - G 8

Hoglander 20 G -- 45 points

OEL  9 G -- 39 points

Pearson 18 G - 37 Points

I think you are severely underrating JT. I don't think any forward on our team has the puck more than he does. That pretty easily leads to him being a point machine.

• Vintage 1

#1 has to be Miller, he has been our leading scorer since he joined the team and I don't see any reason that will change, he is above a point per game so far this season despite playing with different linemates almost every night.

I know JT gets a lot of hate on this team but let me ask anyone this... Is this team better without Miller? I definitely think not. 

He may turn the puck over a lot but I think that has a lot to do with how much he has the puck and the fact that he is probably relied on more by this team then he should be.

Miller always seems to have weird games, he will look great one shift then garbage the next shift. Though, Miller is the first guy to admit this and I remember an off-season video interview where he mentioned improving his consistency not just game to game, but shift to shift was his biggest concern coming into this season. He is aware of his shortcomings and that's why I believe he has increased his prominence as a player and has the best ppg numbers since coming to Vancouver.

The way Garland is playing I think he could be the guy if not Miller. Garland plays with a lot of energy and so far I haven't noticed him dragging his skates out there. He may not have as many dominant shifts on the O-zone as Miller but he has fewer bad ones and is more consistent shift to shift. Boeser would be my third pick, I like his game right now but I think his ppg relies too much on his linemates to be the #1 pick. EP should be the #1 guy but he hasn't shown enough improvement since his rookie season for me to put him in the top3, yet he is still very young and has the skills to make a sudden turn around and prove me wrong however.

Still, its a good sign when fans can so hotly debate who will score more on their team as that is typically a sign of having quality depth, sometimes the opposite but I don't that's the case for us. I like this team this year and I think we can surprise a lot of our naysayers, we just need better coaching as I think the team is lacking an identity. We seem like we have too much structure on the PP on to little on the PK.

Lets see a big game for the home opener tonight! I get the feeling OEL will have a big night and get a goal, he is shooting too well not have more goals so far. Go Canucks Go!

On 10/24/2021 at 9:52 PM, Whaleroad Train said:

If Garland keeps zooming round the ice like the energizer bunny then I wouldn't be surprised if he led the scoring.

Cliff Ronning did that for us one year ... think it was 85 points or something like it.   The Life Line was short lived, but one of the best lines we've had to date.    Even with 3-5% added for current save percentages, the Lotto line hasn't come close to matching that one yet.   Garland could be our Angry Elf ... surprised we don't have a nickname for this one yet.   It's looking pretty fine to me. 

• Like 1