The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

13 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

His puck control and skating is brutal.  This isnt the same player.  That physical skill and talent we saw in year 1 is non-existent.   Thats what worries me.  Its like something went haywire mentally.

I feel like he possibly doesn't take offseason as seriously as he should. We heard very little of his offseason training whereas we were constantly getting reports of other players who were skating with other players. Maybe all those people worried he was spending too much time on social media and working on his brand were right.

I think he'll be okay, but a poor summer/camp usually takes a while to come back from. I'd bet he takes until Christmas to get going.

Our 2nd PP might be a little disorganized right now but they have the right concept in mind:

-Don’t ever think things.

-Be unpredictable 

-Get the puck on net.  

Our 1st Power play is crap and it’s predictable.  The entire PP is set up so that Hughes can pass it to Petey for the one timer. Once the opposition take away that passing lane, Hughes makes an awkward pass to Miller or Chiasson which usually ends up in a turnover.  Put OEL and Garland on the top PP.  Change it up.

PP1

Garland-Horvat-Pettersson

OEL-Hughes

PP2:

Boeser-Miller-Hoglander

Myers-Rathbone 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Any positives we can focus on for next game ?

We don’t have any 1st line calibre players.  Miller, Horvat, and Garland are terrific players, but they are very good 2nd line calibre players on good teams.  

Pettersson and Boeser are supposed to be top line players but they aren’t playing like that right now.  

As a result, we don’t have a single line out there that “tilts the ice.”

Early 90’s:  Bure and whomever titled the ice.

Mid 90’s:  Ronning and Mogilny’s line in 95-96 titled the ice:

Early 00’s:  WCE titled the ice

Late 00’s-13:  Sedins and Burrows titled the ice.

Current?  No one tilts the ice or scares opponents.  Miller, Horvat, and Garland are excellent players but these guys wouldn’t be your best forwards on an elite team.  

Miller-[MIA]-[MIA]
Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Hoglander-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

Miller is the type of guy that needs to be *complementing* the first line......not carrying it.   If Miller is carrying your first line, then I’m sorry.  99 problems but a bitch ain’t one.  

Petey and Boeser need to step up or trade them for a true top 10 player in the league.

32 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Maybe he never fully recovered from his concussion,  or covid really effed him up, cuz hes seriously playing like hes on acid... just going through the motions.  

i AGREE- Seriously EP40 looks like a shadow of his former self and if you took the #40 off his shirt I'd say " that guy belongs onnthe 4th line".   Not sure what is going on but this year and last have attrocious for him and looks like a regular 4th line hack at best now.   If he doesn't get his stuff together in the next few weeks they should consider trading him.  At over $7,000,000.00 Million Dollars he's looking exactly like another loui Player Name.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Pettersson, Miller, and Boeser have been a detriment to this team tonight. 

Miller isn’t having his best game but I give him a free pass for two reasons:

1) 7 points in 7 games so far.

2) Miller is maximizing his potential.  Miller is the type of guy that needs to be a complementary player to a top line.  ‘Complementary’ being the key word here.  Miller is not Conor McDavid or Kucherov.  There’s only so much Miller can do.  Of course Miller is going to make errors and be up and down.  

The other two clowns that you mentioned?  I couldn’t agree more.  Package them both for a true first line player if they can’t step up.

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

i AGREE- Seriously EP40 looks like a shadow of his former self and if you took the #40 off his shirt I'd say " that guy belongs onnthe 4th line".   Not sure what is going on but this year and last have attrocious for him and looks like a regular 4th line hack at best now.   If he doesn't get his stuff together in the next few weeks they should consider trading him.  At over $7,000,000.00 Million Dollars he's looking exactly like another loui Player Name.

Not sure I'm there yet. Something is obviously wrong. Whether that's physical or mental, not sure what it is. I'd give him a few more weeks, if by mid November/late November, he's still struggling, then something is definitely wrong. But he did miss training camp and pre-season play. 

Then again, the rest of the team was present for training camp and pre-season, but they seem to be lost defensively. What's going on there??

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Over reacting much? Hahaha

Agreed he needs to step it up, but ain’t no way we are trading him. Especially not before firing Green.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

We don’t have any 1st line calibre players.  Miller, Horvat, and Garland are terrific players, but they are very good 2nd line calibre players on good teams.  

Pettersson and Boeser are supposed to be top line players but they aren’t playing like that right now.  

Current?  No one tilts the ice or scares opponents.  Miller, Horvat, and Garland are excellent players but these guys wouldn’t be your best forwards on an elite team.  

Miller-[MIA]-[MIA]
Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

Miller is the type of guy that needs to be *complementing* the first line......not carrying it.   If Miller is carrying your first line, then I’m sorry.  99 problems but a bitch ain’t one.  

Petey and Boeser need to step up or trade them for a true top 10 player in the league.

I mean, Boeser and Petey are supposed to be those players that are supposed to be game changers and tilt the ice. 

They haven't so far in this season, but I'm hopeful they're both going to get things going. If not, Green will be fired before those two guys get traded. 

12 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Miller-[MIA]-[MIA]
Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

Good points but I would like to see this roster with a different staff; before anymore roster tweaking.  Imo, the constant turnover in players only leads to no chemistry on & off the ice.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I mean, Boeser and Petey are supposed to be those players that are supposed to be game changers and tilt the ice. 

They haven't so far in this season, but I'm hopeful they're both going to get things going. If not, Green will be fired before those two guys get traded. 

Petey and Brock really need to get their $&!# together.  Yes - both guys missed chunks of training camp but at the end of the day, it’s a results oriented business.  

Petey, Boeser, and Travis Green are in my dog house.  

6 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Petey and Brock really need to get their $&!# together.  Yes - both guys missed chunks of training camp but at the end of the day, it’s a results oriented business.  

Petey, Boeser, and Travis Green are in my dog house.  

Yes. Of course it's a results oriented business. I'm just saying maybe give them a little more time to see if they can produce, or not. If not, then well, either trade them or they'll come cheap (Boeser) when negotiations begin. I can't see the organization trading Pettersson to be fair. He's their franchise player. Boeser could be in play if he doesn't produce.

• Cheers 1