The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Blow up the Maple Laughs

Not actually proposing anything that would fix them, just really enjoying them failing....again!

3 players earning collectively more than 32 million and they can barely score a goal between them.

What do you think, trade each of them for a bag of pucks and start over?

More of a commentary than a proposal, really. I guess I should have thought harder about the title....you know, like they should have thought about how much they were spending and that they can't win without some depth.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

More of a, hey...wouldn't it be fun if a huge sink hole opened up and just sucked their whole building down, kind of thread...

I mean, is it wrong to enjoy another teams failure?

And, while we're at it, is it wrong when you see a car in a parking lot with a Maple Leaf's bumper sticker, to sprinkle bread crumbs all over it and wait for the seagulls to show up???

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1- Fire Dumb@$$. Maybe bring back Babcock as GM! :^)

2- AM to desert mutts, for Hayton, Chychrun, & 4 2022 2nd rounders. To enhance return, they could cover 2.5 mill x3 yrs. Just pay all of AM's bonus next summer for the welfare 'Yotes

3- MMarner to SJ, for Kane, Hertl(deal him at TDL for more picks/youth) & Eklund/ or 2022 1st rd

Sharks should pay extra for dumping their gambling, juvenile headache

4- Deal Willy and/or Reilly near TDL

Key would be to send all these underachievers out west.

Keep Tavares, as he deserves those UFA buck$ with a rebuilding mess.

In 3 or 4 yrs, they could be loaded with youth, & their books cleared of ugly red ink. In essence, they'd follow what the Sens did, 2 or 3 yrs behind.

17 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

They are a lit fuse...to be completely blown up. Probably starting with coaching staff, followed by a couple core players.

I'm not so sure they let Dubas pick another coach.  Replacing him with someone who's actually qualified for a job in hockey would be the first step towards fixing that mess.

1 minute ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

1- Fire Dumb@$$. Maybe bring back Babcock as GM! :^)

2- AM to desert mutts, for Hayton, Chychrun, & 4 2022 2nd rounders. To enhance return, they could cover 2.5 mill x3 yrs. Just pay all of AM's bonus next summer for the welfare 'Yotes

3- MMarner to SJ, for Kane, Hertl(deal him at TDL for more picks/youth) & Eklund/ or 2022 1st rd

Sharks should pay extra for dumping their gambling, juvenile headache

4- Deal Willy and/or Reilly near TDL

Key would be to send all these underachievers out west.

Keep Tavares, as he deserves those UFA buck$ with a rebuilding mess.

In 3 or 4 yrs, they could be loaded with youth, & their books cleared of ugly red ink. In essence, they'd follow what the Sens did, 2 or 3 yrs behind.

1.  Needs to be done

2. Arizona laughs and hangs up.

3. Maybe if you suspend Kane.

4. Both of those guys have negative value, and the only sweetener Toronto really has available is draft picks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not actually proposing anything that would fix them, just really enjoying them failing....again!

3 players earning collectively more than 32 million and they can barely score a goal between them.

What do you think, trade each of them for a bag of pucks and start over?

More of a commentary than a proposal, really. I guess I should have thought harder about the title....you know, like they should have thought about how much they were spending and that they can't win without some depth.....

HF Canucks must be sad that "their puppy," the Toronto Maple Leafs, are off to such a dreadful start.  

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Babcock was only trying to toughen them up. Honestly big mistake letting Lou Lam go. Islanders have a better chance to win a cup lol. No accountability or leadership in Toronto.

Agreed.  Should have traded a couple of the floaters to make an example and tell the rest to stop complaining just because the coach wants them to backcheck.

• Cheers 1