The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM, Kyle Davidson named interim GM

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, gurn said:

It is much, much worse than that.

Stan is actually trying to make himself into the victim:

"while serving in my first year as general manager"

Plays a bit on sympathy card-  I was young, not my fault, blame the guy that hired me.

"I was made aware of potential inappropriate behaviour by a then video coach involving a player

Lessening the crime that was committed, and attempting to lessen the role of the coach by stating the coach's role on the team.

Minor coach, who cares right?

He did not try to locate the player, if he was not told who it was; or go and talk to that player if he knew who it was.

" I promptly reported  the matter to the  then-President and CEO who committed to handling the matter"

Again attempting to lesson the crime down to a "matter"

" I learned this year that the inappropriate behaviour involved a serious allegation of sexual assault."

Gee Stan you had 10 freaking years to look into this! Also all allegations of sexual assault are serious!

" Looking back, now knowing he did not handle the matter promptly, I regret assuming he would do so.

Once again using "matter", and glossing over the 10 year gap between him being informed, telling his boss; and now being regretful that nothing had been done over the previous DECADE.

spends the last paragraph building up what a great town, team, players and fans that Chicago has, already forgetting that some of those players literally participated in the verbal assault of the victim in this case

MOST IMPOERTANT OF ALL:

Not a freaking word of sympathy, empathy or regret for the anguish the actual victim in all of this went through.

Stan Bowman I here by judge you as scum, the lowest of the low.

I've never said this about anyone who is a cancer survivor...first time for everything -- I hope Stan Bowman's cancer comes back and gets him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The issue I have with the report is it doesn't do a very good job protecting the guy's identity, they give it away when they mention his age in the second paragraph. That, and their mentioning the 2014 incident narrow it down and anyone who can be bothered to do a bit of googling can quickly figure it out. I've yet to see the name dropped, but reddit's already figured it out. Likely HF too. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The issue I have with the report is it doesn't do a very good job protecting the guy's identity, they give it away when they mention his age in the second paragraph. That, and their mentioning the 2014 incident narrow it down and anyone who can be bothered to do a bit of googling can quickly narrow it down. I've yet to see the name dropped, but reddit's already figured it out. Likely HF too. 

Mentioning the age lends a bit of weight to the Blackhawk legal defense of "because player x was of adult age, we owed no legal obligation."

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wow if that’s true, the hawks just gained back some respect from me.

So, were "Rocky" and Danny Wirtz not informed of these issues, or were they not informed by their subordinates (maybe for plausible deniability reasons)? It's hard to get rid of ownership.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, Gollumpus said:

So, were "Rocky" and Danny Wirtz not informed of these issues, or were they not informed by their subordinates (maybe for plausible deniability reasons)? It's hard to get rid of ownership.

regards,  G.

Not really, the NBA got rid of LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling and forced him to sell his team.

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

So he basically told someone and said not my problem any more. Pathetic statement 

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Wow, pass off the blame or what?

How the &^@# would he not know it wasn’t handled appropriately in the last 11 years? 

Honestly, that statement is insult to injury. &^@# you Bowman.

Well, he told his "superior". This would mean daddy (as senior hockey advisor) or Danny Wirtz, no?

regards,  G.

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

Pretty sure when the League brings down a punishment such as the one the Coyotes got they use language like 'for conduct deemed detrimental to the integrity of the league.'

Apparently running a BS combine is deemed worse than facilitating the continued employment of a sexual assaulter. And then helping him to find further employment and eventual victims.

Really makes you wonder if the League has any integrity.

Bang on.

For all those that thought Quenville would be a good coach for us think again.   I'd be surprised if he has a job ... same with WNPs GM...not a secret that can be swept under the rug in this day and age, despite it doing exactly that for the last 12ish years.