The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Stan Bowman resigns as Blackhawks GM, Kyle Davidson named interim GM

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

For all those that thought Quenville would be a good coach for us think again.   I'd be surprised if he has a job ... same with WNPs GM...not a secret that can be swept under the rug in this day and age, despite it doing exactly that for the last 12ish years.  

If we hire him, I'll pick a new team to support.  Not worried about it given Benning's commitment to character and how the Virtanen situation was handled.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Dano.Canuck said:

He allowed a poofter to operate in their dressing room? How does a GM overlook a guy pushing stools? 

If that is what you are brining to this discussion then just go the              away.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

As punishment he should have to listen to Chelsea Dagger once every 30 minutes for the rest of his life. 

This sounds like the torture scene from Fassbinder's "Lili Marleen" (1981), where Giancarlo Giannini is locked in a cell, with the light always on, and the song "Lily Marlene" is constantly blaring, but the record the song is being played from is skipping. such that the same 5 second part of the song is being played over, and over and over.....

regards,  G.

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

He's a convicted Sex Offender living in Michigan.

After he was fired by the Blackhawks, Aldrich was given a *letter of recommendation* by several members of the Blackhawks organization (including Quenneville) to get a job with the University of Miami (Ohio) where he molested a student.

Yeah, this story goes this deep and gets that bad.

Oh wow. This is gonna get ugly.

24 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Not really, the NBA got rid of LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling and forced him to sell his team.

Yeah, something similar happened with Marge Schott, former owner of the Reds. She lost a lot of control/ownership rights over racism.

regards,  G.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, gurn said:

Mentioning the age lends a bit of weight to the Blackhawk legal defense of "because player x was of adult age, we owed no legal obligation."

In addition the Blackhawks brass listed the victim’s height and weight, as well as Brad Aldritch’s. Then proceeded to use that information to discredit the accusations. Apparently they no nothing about the disparity of power and position when it concerns sexual assaults.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

How do 2 grown men, albeit young men, but 2 grown men none the less, and fit and strong hockey players to boot, allow some goof video judge to sexually assault them?

We aren't talking actresses and Harvey Weinstein here. Like this story is sickening and bizarre.

What a tarnishing on what was once a dynasty 

How much more naive can you get?

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

You, and many others, make the mistake of assuming this is about physical strength, when it is actually about POWER.

You apparently didn't read or have already forgotten the threats that this coach was using.

Some time of introspection and educating yourself on issues like this would probably be good for you.

Yea victim blaming is a sh!tty look on anyone.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

You, and many others, make the mistake of assuming this is about physical strength, when it is actually about POWER.

You apparently didn't read or have already forgotten the threats that this coach was using.

Some time of introspection and educating yourself on issues like this would probably be good for you.

Fair enough about the power. I mean it's every kids dream to make the show and then have some perv try to take advantage of your dream with disgusting motives could definitely create a power situation. But i still don't get it. Nobodys dignity is worth any sum of money or fame 

Smart money would bet on the other 2  members involved stepping down in the next day or 2

Bettman has already released that he is speaking with both of them to set up in person meetings soon

That's lawyer speak for "I'll give you a few days to step down before we meet to terminate your employment"

I dislike Bettman but as a lawyer he is well aware of the magnitude of today's report and the potential impact to the NHL in the courts 

Every person involved and named d in the report will be gone ( rightfully so ) from.thr NHL for life 

I'd like to see the NHL set up an NHL run ombudsperson position that all allegations if this nature are reported to..

Cleary trams are not capable of policing themselves ( some would but it's clear.not all would)

Edited by iwtl
  • Vintage 3

55 minutes ago, RWJC said:

And what about Toews’ rep…?

Gonna be interesting if that gets scrutinized because ppl hold his character in pretty high regard.

Yup, Guy voting for the HHoF may well take this into consideration.

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, iwtl said:

Smart money would bet on the other 2  members involved stepping down in the next day or 2

Bettman has already released that he is speaking with both of them to set up in person meetings soon

That's lawyer speak for "I'll give you a few days to step down before we meet to terminate your employment"

I dislike Bettman but as a lawyer he is well aware of the magnitude of today's report and the potential impact to the NHL in the courts 

Every person involved and naked in the report will be gone ( rightfully so ) from.thr NHL for life 

I'd like to see the NHL set up an NHL run ombudsperson position that all allegations if this nature are reported to..

Cleary trams are not capable of policing themselves ( some would but it's clear.not all would)

Bettman is about protecting the league at all costs. If he deems this fireable I'm sure he wouldn't even have second thoughts. 

6 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Thank you!

A potential change for the better.

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Bettman is about protecting the league at all costs. If he deems this fireable I'm sure he wouldn't even have second thoughts. 

I don't believe for a second that he would do it because it's the right thing to do. It will be damage control measures that guide his actions 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

The punishment is for botching the investigation, do we think more may be coming from the league as they work out what it should be?

Interesting, but I'm not sure if the fine is "just" for screwing up the first investigation or for everything that has happened.

I'll have to go back and read the league's statement.

And here it is

"for the organization’s inadequate internal procedures and insufficient and untimely response in the handling of matters related to former video coach Brad Aldrich’s employment with the Club and ultimate departure in 2010.""

Edited by gurn