The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Joel Quenneville resigns as Panthers head coach, Andrew Brunette named interim head coach

Rate this topic

But...but...but...he was just a Black Ace!

I wonder how Coach Q's (in)action would have differed if it was Kane or Toews?

Obviously, and inexplicably, who was abused seems to matter. Kyle Beach was a nobody to this coach and organization.

I love hockey...but sometimes I hate it.

3 minutes ago, GB5 said:

So is Bettman giving all these guys an out to resign rather than be suspended or something?

Seems too convenient... 

I'm getting the impression that it might be pretty hard to dismiss them from their current  organisation for something they did with another club.  There might be a bit of unfair dismissal litigation in the air.  Thus they are allowed to  "resign" to save legal problems for clubs further down the line. Just a thought.

1 minute ago, Whaleroad Train said:

I'm getting the impression that it might be pretty hard to dismiss them from their current  organisation for something they did with another club.  There might be a bit of unfair dismissal litigation in the air.  Thus they are allowed to  "resign" to save legal problems for clubs further down the line. Just a thought.

Although I'm sure they were hired in "good faith" and this would kind of wreck that.  I'm sure this wasn't on the resume or reference checks but it certainly was part of the work history.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Totally agree. Letting them fall on their sword and try to make it sound like they are doing what is right makes me sick.

As long as such individuals are removed from the positions of power they currently hold as they've shown an ability to take advantage, manipulate, and self serve their way to manufactured success in the past.

I don't need to hear someone is fired or perm-banned. Just that decisions have been made to remove them at this time.

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Sadly,  the fact remains,  he could've resigned a long time ago but he chose not to.  I suspect that he was hoping this would all blow over and Bettman said its either you go on your terms or we do it for you.   

His resignation at this point, in my view,  is worthless as a statement of him as a person since it was clearly motivated by his meeting with the league and not by intentions to do the right thing from the beginning. 

Very likely given the timing of the resignation and the fact that he'll need to speak with Bettman to get another job.  Chevy, Fehr, and Bettman next for their roles in this, please.

• Like 1