The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire, Fire and Trade

For now Canucks need a team meeting and senior management should hear what the team reps have to say on it (is it them? is it the systems? coaching?). The fact Aquilini is frustrated (see yesterday's tweet) and has seen very little bounce or energy at home shows the issues remain from last year (and really, the last 7+ years). They weren't very good before, they're just simply not good now and it shows even if they have some talent, the talent isn't lining up with the upper class of the league or conference.

1. Internal player/team meetings

2. If that fails, fire Green/Baum/King (hire some NHL COACHES not named Torts!)

3. Mid season (well before trade deadline) - FIRE BENNING/WEISBROD!

4. Offseason - FIRE the owner (replace him or have him butt out of player management decisions that plague this team for a decade)

Edited by BureBurrito

Here is what I’m considering IF things continue this way:

1) Fire Green and hire Claude Julien.  Do this immediately.

2) Trade deadline:  If both the Canucks and Sabres are out of playoff contention at the trade deadline, trade both Pettersson and Boeser to Buffalo for Jack Eichel.  Overall cap savings = slightly over 3 million.  

3) At season’s end, Sutter and Motte take a walk and yes I’m a poet and didn’t even know it.

4) Re-sign both Miller and Horvat

Next season:

Miller-Eichel-Hoglander

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Bailey-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Highmore-Lammiko-Dowling

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Poolman

Rathbone-Burroughs

Demko

Dipietro

57 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

lets hire cdc to make all the decisions. they know everything. bring on the cup and athletic supporters.

Well I don't want to brag but I could show you all my EAsports championship banner.  I mean that's gotta be worth something

• Haha 1

283 wins in 601 game good for a 47% win ratio, only 2 winning seasons out of 8 and 3 playoffs appearances out of 8 seasons for his time with this franchise (AHL/NHL).  He should not have been re-signed this summer.  Only reason he still has a job is, the team went on a cinderella run during one of the most unorthodox season ever and got a pass last year for missing the playoffs due to a rough schedule and tough covid outbreak.   Those two elements helped him hide the team's overall poor performances.  

I've always been a pro-benning, but also always acknowledged that he would most likely not be the GMs once this team is ready to contend.   I think we passed that point this summer and then was the time to clean the house and bring in a new administration to build on a solid foundation.  But now, that foundation seems like it's already shaky and we can't wait too much if we want to salvage it and not go through another re-build.  Time to clean the house.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Here is what I’m considering IF things continue this way:

1) Fire Green and hire Claude Julien.  Do this immediately.

2) Trade deadline:  If both the Canucks and Sabres are out of playoff contention at the trade deadline, trade both Pettersson and Boeser to Buffalo for Jack Eichel.  Overall cap savings = slightly over 3 million.  

3) At season’s end, Sutter and Motte take a walk and yes I’m a poet and didn’t even know it.

4) Re-sign both Miller and Horvat

Next season:

Miller-Eichel-Hoglander

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Bailey-Dickinson-Podkolzin

Highmore-Lammiko-Dowling

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Poolman

Rathbone-Burroughs

Demko

Dipietro

nhl GIF by SB Nation

• Like 1

I am still on the fence and think we should wait........

One of the reasons, I am there, is I just do not think we are complete

We have a lot of flash players, in our top 6/9

Great talent, not much for hard minutes

Harmonic will help, so we wait...........

I do think Green is on a short leash, but so should Benning be.................its time!

But as I said in another thread, we need to give the team time, they are 1 game under 500

So is Colorado and Vegas and they will not be firing their coaches any time soon

and if they do, maybe then we scoop up one of them...............