The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 30th, 2021, 7:00 PM Pacific | CBC | 2021 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Oilers @ Canucks  

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, khay said:

I just hope that Green will just keep the Lotto line together even if things aren't going well. They just have to figure themselves out together and more playing time means more time to gel.

I think Hogz is a good fit with Pearson and Bo. Hogz and Garland bring similar things although Garland has slightly better offensive instincts and playmaking/dynamic. 

I'm thinking that third line will score tonight. Hope Green doesn't bench Podz.

That 4th line is hard to get excited about. I like Bailey's speed and that's about it. 

Change Hoglander witb Garland. Garland is a better scorer and should play with the better player in Horvat.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I really dont get Garland being on 3rd line. Is Green going mental playing our best scorer on the 3rd line? This seems like a huge mistake. Garland and Bo have chemistry, what is Green doing???

I highly doubt that’s a finalized line up lol we here at cdc are obsessed with lineups,wait till tomorrow we’ll have a better idea

• Cheers 1

If Dickinson and Poolman are back we've got a shot, if not I don't like our chances. Particularly if Poolman's out. Hamonic and Motte can't get back soon enough. 

I really hope we light Edmonton up but I'm not holding my breath at this point. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Cromeslab said:

I highly doubt that’s a finalized line up lol we here at cdc are obsessed with lineups,wait till tomorrow we’ll have a better idea

Fair enough, but Green constantly blends the lines, right off the bat during the game. There are no set lines. How can you build chemistry? To me, that's a sign of an overwhelmed coach. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Please please please....,

fans attending please let Duncan Keith know, what a $&!# team mate he has been....

I've got $50 for Canucks for kids, if he leave on a stercher... or at least someone finishes of, what Myers started.
Shocking revalation over the last few days from that rotten team, he use to play for.... 

Destroy Keith on and off the ice...

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Fair enough, but Green constantly blends the lines, right off the bat during the game. There are no set lines. How can you build chemistry? To me, that's a sign of an overwhelmed coach. 

I’m not impressed with Greens coaching as well,but let’s see what our roster looks like closer to game time.....

Edited by Cromeslab

2 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

I really dont get Garland being on 3rd line. Is Green going mental playing our best scorer on the 3rd line? This seems like a huge mistake. Garland and Bo have chemistry, what is Green doing???

Garland was benched last game and now he is on the 3rd line.  Mental gymnastics from an AHL coach.  I wouldn't be surprised if Garland had a bag skate yesterday to "test" his fitness.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Hope Benning was taking notes during that Schenn fight.

Haven’t heard the fans cheer that loud in a long time. That’s the kind of hockey this market loves. Gutsy, tough, big boy hockey.

Man I miss the days when we had Rypien, Hordichuk, Bieksa, O’Brien, and Brown. We may have not been the most skilled team but we were tough to play against.

I miss the days of Gino and Brashear when the Canucks were actually feared and had the toughest team in hockey.

What we have today is almost comical.  Calgary has several goons on their team, the Islanders just signed their goon to a 4 year contract extension.  These teams look like Stanley Cup contenders.  Meanwhile Green puts all of our tough guys on waivers and they are subsequently claimed immediately by other teams.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just got to keep our AHL bottom-6 and AHL bottom defensive pairing away from McDavid and Draisaitl and we have a chance.

Regardless, we're playing trash hockey right now and need a wake-up, and sadly I'm hoping it's a 6-0 drubbing by the Oilers on us to facilitate either a spark under the players or a coaching change.

• Like 1