The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coaching Staff

-SN-

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This part was a little shocking to read:

“in past seasons helping with coach’s challenges has often actually fallen to other Canucks staffers, sometimes being handled by one of the PR staff when the team was on the road

I’m all for PR staff making gifs for social media, but I’m not sure I’d ever want crucial gametime decisions (like coach’s challenges) handled by non-hockey ops staff.

Glad to see Rachel taking on this role. 

Hopefully it will lead to better results.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Not a coach but still very much in the organization. Very sad news.

Wow, that's tragic. Must be really hard for Stan and his family. Don't know her age, but given Stan's age of 64, she was probably pretty young still.

• 4 weeks later...

No surprise Yeo comes in and the PK is back to bottom of the league. We sucked with Green, BB came in and for around 50 games our PK hovered at 80%, now we get new PK coaches who have been dreadful elsewhere and the PK is 50% again.

I feared the Yeo hiring and so far these assistants have left BB out to dry, I hope he doesn't lose his job because management hired these assistants. Not sure how much say Bruce has in the assistants (probably a fair bit) but you know it's a big deal when the PP is at the bottom of the league, PK is worst in the NHL but 5 on 5 we're one of the best teams in the league.