The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rangers - Canucks (Proposal)

19 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Pacman had 17 goals and 20 assists in 64 games and was -16 the season prior to getting moved too Vegas. Wasn’t he also hurt that year too?  

He also scored 30 or more goals the previous 4 seasons.  Plus Tatar was considered a cap dump.  I’d say overall Pacioretty probably had more value but even if you say they have similar value you’re still asking for more for Miller.  Either take the 1st out or Schneider out and you’re closer to the value 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

He also scored 30 or more goals the previous 4 seasons.  Plus Tatar was considered a cap dump.  I’d say overall Pacioretty probably had more value but even if you say they have similar value you’re still asking for more for Miller.  Either take the 1st out or Schneider out and you’re closer to the value 

I think we disagree on the value at the time then. I think Miller has more value than what we paid for him even with his time remaining.

He’s putting up 1st line production getting paid 2nd line dollars and brings a lot to the table. He is also not having an off-year in terms of production or potential injury so far like Pacioretty. Not sure that was the best comparison. 

There’s no guaranteed 1st. Like I already stated. They miss the playoffs then it’s Schneider and two 2nds. You could change the conditions too. 

• Cheers 1

@qwijibo

I think I have better questions for discussion. 

If we put Miller on the market this TD where do you think he might rank amongst potential players made available?

When do you think it’s best to trade him at his highest value? I believe it’s this year but perhaps I haven’t considered other alternatives? You brought up the point of allowing teams to talk and work extensions which would add a certain level of value. 

I am all about maximizing return on an asset. I think we can get more than what we paid since Miller’s blown expectations out of the water. Sometimes timing is everything though. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

On 11/12/2021 at 12:05 PM, qwijibo said:

That’s more than Vegas paid for Pacioretty, and they had a deal to extend him in place. 

They've been, for the most part, pretty comparable but, over the past three seasons, Miller's been higher in the offensive categories and still has another season at a great number before he goes ufa.

I believe the price is fair.

26 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

They've been, for the most part, pretty comparable but, over the past three seasons, Miller's been higher in the offensive categories and still has another season at a great number before he goes ufa.

I believe the price is fair.

Pacioretty had a discount season left on his contract when he was moved as well. Montreal got Vegas’s 2nd or 3rd best profile to at the time, a 2nd snd a cap dump with upside.  No way Miller has substantially more value 

On 11/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, qwijibo said:

Q

Pacioretty is pure LW...............Miller plays all 3 forward positions, and is pretty darn decent on face offs

IMO...........Miller > Pacioretty

19 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Pacioretty had a discount season left on his contract when he was moved as well. Montreal got Vegas’s 2nd or 3rd best profile to at the time, a 2nd snd a cap dump with upside.  No way Miller has substantially more value 

Even if I get Schneider and a first for Miller, I'm still happy.

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Q

Pacioretty is pure LW...............Miller plays all 3 forward positions, and is pretty darn decent on face offs

IMO...........Miller > Pacioretty

Cool.  I disagree but I can understand your point.  Pacioretty scores goals. A lot of them.  That upped his value significantly.  I’d say their comparative value is close.  As such I imagine the return will be roughly similar. Expecting a bigger return for Miller if he’s moved is likely setting yourself up for disappointment 

• Cheers 1