The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers | Nov 2, 2021 7 PM PDT | C'mon do something Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

34 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

If the canucks skates we have a chance coz we will draw some penalties.. if we are still standing around waiting for passes and not moving then we prolly lose coz we will end up with almost 0 power play again and as bad as the pp have been it still better than nothing since 5v5 we are just as bad creating 

Yup key to the game will be moving their feet. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Currently, both teams are sucking based on the standing.  The only difference: the Yotes fans knows there team is rebuilding, whereas, the Canucks fans were sold that they will be competitive this year.   

Potentially, with a lottery win and alot of cap space moving forward, the Yotes MIGHT be in a more competitive position than the Canucks in a few years.  Ofcourse, it will depend on the quality of decisions there management team will make. 

Lol your confusion is so cute. Tanking an entire season for a tiny chance at a number 1 pick. They already suck, they’re just playing out their hand. And then the sad reality of being sold a lie. So hard done by. ::D

Edited by Gawdzukes

Should TD be hot, watch that absolute POG Kreider run our 'tender. Announcers will explain away that he's simply "driving to the net". Lost count of the gt's I've seen this rat accidentally bump, or straight-out collide with.

& what deterrents do we have? Mostly our only scrappers are on the blueline. So then you have 5 D, for sometimes several mins at a key point. It's just another reason opponents run around early, trying to ramp up the physicality, asap.

Can Dickenson handle himself? We need more fwds who can.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Should TD be hot, watch that absolute POG Kreider run our 'tender. Announcers will explain away that he's simply "driving to the net". Lost count of the gt's I've seen this rat accidentally bump, or straight-out collide with.

& what deterrents do we have? Mostly our only scrappers are on the blueline. So then you have 5 D, for sometimes several mins at a key point. It's just another reason opponents run around early, trying to ramp up the physicality, asap.

Can Dickenson handle himself? We need more fwds who can.

Dickenson, Horvat, Miller are three that can and have thrown down. The forward corps has no real standout pugilist type. MacEwen and Gadjovich were the closest to that....

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Petey needs to change back to his old sticks to get his shot/handling back.

Skates, stick - I'm not sure why he changed his equipment, things were going so well for him in the first two years. He looks pretty bad right now.  Maybe he was great at first because other teams didn't know the way he plays. Well, they all seem to know now and he's struggling to hang onto the puck and keep up on his skates. He's not strong enough to will goals either, like McDavid and MacKinnon. 

I'm assuming they're keeping Green, like punishing themselves in a way. Masochists. So, how is the Top 10 at next year's Draft looking?  Could the Canucks get a good one? That's if Benning doesn't trade it away again.

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dickenson, Horvat, Miller are three that can and have thrown down. The forward corps has no real standout pugilist type. MacEwen and Gadjovich were the closest to that....

Hoping VP will add that element in a coupla' yrs. Kid has bear paws that might bust through helmets!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol your confusion is so cute. Tanking an entire season a tiny chance at a number 1 pick. They already suck, they’re just playing out their hand. And then the sad reality of being sold a lie. So hard done by. ::D

The lottery rules had changed (once again) to further discouraged teams from tanking on purpose (but being the worse team based on standings will still give the team the highest chance to get the 1st OA pick).   As proven, in JBs' tenure the lottery balls doesn't always go based on the percentage cause he has never drafted higher than fifth despite finishing second worse in the league during the Austin Matthews draft.

If you read my comment carefully - I said, " if they POTENTIALLY win the lottery".

Edited by ShawnAntoski

54 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

If the canucks skates we have a chance coz we will draw some penalties.. if we are still standing around waiting for passes and not moving then we prolly lose coz we will end up with almost 0 power play again and as bad as the pp have been it still better than nothing since 5v5 we are just as bad creating 

We've been fine creating, for a collective about 10 minutes this season, when we've been moving our feet, making crisp passes etc.

Players need to get their crap together and start looking like an NHL team out there. Hopefully the recent practice time at home here helps with that.

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Didn’t realize but the Rags look good so far. Really good on the road thus far and lots of talent on their roster. Gonna be a tough one. 

Would be interesting to see live, Gallants' influence in there roster - hype or legit; and will it be the same system he implemented in Vegas & Fla.

Looking forward to the GDT & (more so) the PGT in regards to the coaching difference.   

Imo, the Canucks win if Demko steals this game.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Skates, stick - I'm not sure why he changed his equipment, things were going so well for him in the first two years. He looks pretty bad right now.  Maybe he was great at first because other teams didn't know the way he plays. Well, they all seem to know now and he's struggling to hang onto the puck and keep up on his skates. He's not strong enough to will goals either, like McDavid and MacKinnon. 

I'm assuming they're keeping Green, like punishing themselves in a way. Masochists. So, how is the Top 10 at next year's Draft looking?  Could the Canucks get a good one? That's if Benning doesn't trade it away again.

Guenther. 11 points in 10 games. 4 goals. Interesting to see how this guy turns out even though no guarantee Jimbo would have picked him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The lottery rules had changed to discouraged teams from tanking in purpose (but being the worse team based on standings will still give the team the highest chance).   As proven, in JBs' tenure the lottery balls doesn't always go based on the percentage cause he has never drafted higher than fifth despite finishing second worse in the league during the Austin Matthews draft.

If you read my comment carefully - I said, " if they POTENTIALLY win the lottery".

Ah yes. Sorry reading comprehension. I get it I don’t think any teams are purposely tanking for last place, that would be pretty unintelligent.

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

No surprise what they are doing to Petey, started in first year.  Get in his chest.  No subtlety to it.  Don't give him room, don't watch the puck.  

Close distance, gives him no room to move and he will mostly lose the physical battle.

Happens to every skinny young guy that comes along, that is the NHL, needs to figure out how to get around it.  

This year he has spent more time in the periphery and his shot has been off.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We've been fine creating, for a collective about 10 minutes this season, when we've been moving our feet, making crisp passes etc.

Players need to get their crap together and start looking like an NHL team out there. Hopefully the recent practice time at home here helps with that.

Well ya if u are moving. Problem is we don't move everyone is like 20-30 ft away from the puck standing still waiting 0 puck support. They need go start playing closer together instead of playing so far apart 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Ah yes. Sorry reading comprehension. I get it I don’t think any teams are purposely tanking for last place, that would be pretty unintelligent.

Teams are still doing it as a cheap way to acquire franchise level talent: Pittsburgh (Lemiuex, Crosby, MAF, Staal and Malkin) as an example from a different era; CHi & LA prior to there cups; and NJD, BUF, DET, ARI & most of the California teams as current examples that are in the rebuilding  part of there cycle.   It is just part of the cycle in pro sports and some fans & owners are more accepting, whilst, others are not - Vancouver (imo) is a part of the latter group of - tanking are for losers.

Ultimately, it will come down to the quality of the management group making the decisions and developing the prospects.