The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers | Nov 2, 2021 7 PM PDT | C'mon do something Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

I am pumped by the news of Hammer returning and Motte being close. 

We needed some good news and this has helped ease the tension. 

We are 2 games below 500. A stretch of good 4 games to finish the home stand will literally turn everything around. 

We haven't seen any indication that they are capable of this but heading into the season, on paper, we believed they could. 

Hopefully the last 2 days of practice will have been meaningful. 

If Canucks somehow rattle off 4-0 or 3-0-1, would that inspire confidence that this team has turned it around? 

I for one would put my pitchfork down. 

If we are 1-3 or 0-3-1 though, it most likely means season is done less than 15 games in... Unless they do something drastic. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Dickenson, Horvat, Miller are three that can and have thrown down. The forward corps has no real standout pugilist type. MacEwen and Gadjovich were the closest to that....

Great, Bo and JT break a knuckle and gone for 2 months. 

Hoping for some goals tonight, which will be a challenge seeing how their goaltending seems to be in top form. Maybe tonight will be the night Pettersson explodes! In any event, I predict a win!

Having Hamonic back (if he plays) will certainly help on the back end.

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Skates, stick - I'm not sure why he changed his equipment, things were going so well for him in the first two years. He looks pretty bad right now.  Maybe he was great at first because other teams didn't know the way he plays. Well, they all seem to know now and he's struggling to hang onto the puck and keep up on his skates. He's not strong enough to will goals either, like McDavid and MacKinnon. 

I'm assuming they're keeping Green, like punishing themselves in a way. Masochists. So, how is the Top 10 at next year's Draft looking?  Could the Canucks get a good one? That's if Benning doesn't trade it away again.

Maybe IF he changes His last name to McPetey? Seems like that Mac/Mc whatever works!

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

Maybe IF he changes His last name to McPetey? Seems like that Mac/Mc whatever works!

He'll start getting the calls. 

btw what wasq that last call the stick tapped the top of the helmet and 2 minutes later buddy snapped his head back. 

I think that's coaching? 

• Cheers 1

It's clear Bettman has chosen the Oilers as the "gifted" team this year. All part of game management with a financial twist. I hope their D gets exposed in the play-offs and they exit first round. Bunch of entitled embellishers.

I look forward to the game, if only to see whether the Nucks coaching has started to evolve beyond the boring static systems, or whether the players start the renegades.

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

The lottery rules had changed (once again) to further discouraged teams from tanking on purpose (but being the worse team based on standings will still give the team the highest chance to get the 1st OA pick).   As proven, in JBs' tenure the lottery balls doesn't always go based on the percentage cause he has never drafted higher than fifth despite finishing second worse in the league during the Austin Matthews draft.

If you read my comment carefully - I said, " if they POTENTIALLY win the lottery".

I will be gutted for the Coyotes if they somehow manage to fall down to 2nd or 3rd pick overall. 

1 minute ago, jovocop55 said:

Shock how many tickets are unsold for tonight game in Ticketmaster.   And prices on StubHub are $25 each

Meme Reaction GIF

I might get down to the game then... What's the best place to buy these cheap tickets, StubHub? 

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

Petey needs to change back to his old sticks to get his shot/handling back.

I agree. He had an amazing rookie season and then changed his sticks and his skate blade profile. I get the desire to find any edge you can, but sometimes if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Of course there are other variables at play to his drop in performance, but perhaps this is any easy change (back) that he can make to try to regain some of his previous form. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

No surprise what they are doing to Petey, started in first year.  Get in his chest.  No subtlety to it.  Don't give him room, don't watch the puck.  

Close distance, gives him no room to move and he will mostly lose the physical battle.

Happens to every skinny young guy that comes along, that is the NHL, needs to figure out how to get around it.  

This year he has spent more time in the periphery and his shot has been off.

Petey needs someone working close with him with constant give and goes offensive triangles. He had that chemistry with JT but it's not there right now. Partly on EP, partly on JT imho. Leave those two together and they will figure it out.

19 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I agree. He had an amazing rookie season and then changed his sticks and his skate blade profile. I get the desire to find any edge you can, but sometimes if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Of course there are other variables at play to his drop in performance, but perhaps this is any easy change (back) that he can make to try to regain some of his previous form. 

Sometime all the player needs is more practice. In Petey's case, I think a lot of it has to do with strength. He's too easy to knock off the puck.  

• Cheers 1