The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks and Sharks - Yes this is an Evander Kane proposal

edit - proposal updated to

Pearson, Hamonic, and Motte for E.Kane and Meloche.

[proposal] Canucks and Sharks - Yes this is an Evander Kane proposal

Evander Kane is an absolute train wreck outside of the rink and probably does rub many teammates the wrong way inside the lockerroom.  You know who else fit that description once upon a time?  Dennis Rodman.....and the guy helped both the Pistons and Bulls win championships.  

The Canucks need a guy who is fast, skilled, big, and plays with an edge.  Yes, Kane comes with baggage.  You know who else comes with baggage?  Tony DeAngelo, and the Canes were willing to give him a clean slate because the guy is a damned good hockey player that can help the team win.

To San Jose:  Tanner Pearson + Brandon Sutter

To Vancouver:  Evander Kane 

I don’t know if this quite works from a cap perspective, but if it doesn’t, then I also suggest that we move Tyler Motte in an independent deal for a draft pick.

E.Kane-Horvat-Garland

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Dickinson-Bailey (or Podz)

Highmore-Lammiko-Chiasson

Hughes-Hamonic 

OEL-Myers

Schenn-Poolman

Demko

Halak

It’s like that old Kanye West song:  “harder, better, faster, stronger.”

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 4

5 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

No.

F*** Kane.

And it's just "Ye" now...:rolleyes:

What if the Chicago Bulls had said “eff Rodman,” or if the Hurricanes had said “eff Tony DeAngelo?”   I completely agree that Evander is a troubled human being, but his skill set is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Look at Tony DeAngelo in Carolina right now:  https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130876

Edited by Patel Bure
  • Like 1

Just now, Patel Bure said:

What if the Chicago Bulls had said “eff Rodman,” or if the Hurricanes had said “eff Tony DeAngelo?”   I completely agree that Evander is a troubled human being, but his skill set is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Still no. His SJ teammates want him gone, why would you want to bring that crap here, regardless of skillset?

Just now, Patel Bure said:

If he got his stuff together and was hip to the trade, do you think Green would utilize him properly? I don't.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

If Evander can get his life on track, for his own sake, I think he'd be a solid addition. Always enjoyed how he played the game. 

The problem with waiting for him to get his life on track is that we wouldn’t be able to buy low on him like we probably would be able to do right now.

Just now, Chickenspear said:

Still no. His SJ teammates want him gone, why would you want to bring that crap here, regardless of skillset?

Same reason the Canes brought in Tony DeAngelo despite the Rags and his teammates wanting him gone as well.

Evander fits our team needs to a perfect tee. From a pure hockey perspective, he is EXACTLY what we need.

2 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

The problem with waiting for him to get his life on track is that we wouldn’t be able to buy low on him like we probably would be able to do right now.

He's been suspended for 20 games, so I'm not sure he'd be available in a trade until the suspension is over. Benning had expressed interest in getting Kane before.

Edited by PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

Same reason the Canes brought in Tony DeAngelo despite the Rags and his teammates wanting him gone as well.

Evander fits our team needs to a perfect tee. From a pure hockey perspective, he is EXACTLY what we need.

From a pure hockey perspective, sure, but he's had problems again and again on different teams, and seems like he hasn't learned a damn thing. I can't rely on 'maybe if he cleans his act up', because all indications are that he won't. I'll make that trade in EA NHL, but the personal problems, and attitude he has will have an effect on teammates. I'll eat crow if he can prove me wrong, but I sincerely doubt it.

I wouldn't be opposed to brining in Kane as long as his legal issues are over.  He is basically what we are missing up front, a true power forward who can drop the gloves and fight heavyweights.  I'd play him with Petey and Brock.  He had a phenomenal year last year, almost a point a game and was on pace for 30+ goals.  You could probably get him on the cheap right now.

The big problem though is fitting him under the cap.  Pearson and Sutter aren't gonna do it.  I don't see Kane and Miller working together on the same team, so if we could get Kane for cheap then we could trade Miller for a two way right hand centre and a right hand Dman, or a eft hand Dman who can play on the bottom pairing and provide some grit and penalty killing.  I am sure San Jose would just want to get rid of him at this point. Once his suspension is over he is free to join the team I would assume and San Jose has to start paying him again.

It's not the worst proposal and quite frankly Kane would probably help our team more than what most people are proposing these days.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I wouldn't be opposed to brining in Kane as long as his legal issues are over.  He is basically what we are missing up front, a true power forward who can drop the gloves and fight heavyweights.  I'd play him with Petey and Brock.  He had a phenomenal year last year, almost a point a game and was on pace for 30+ goals.  You could probably get him on the cheap right now.

The big problem though is fitting him under the cap.  Pearson and Sutter aren't gonna do it.  I don't see Kane and Miller working together on the same team, so if we could get Kane for cheap then we could trade Miller for a two way right hand centre and a right hand Dman, or a eft hand Dman who can play on the bottom pairing and provide some grit and penalty killing.  I am sure San Jose would just want to get rid of him at this point. Once his suspension is over he is free to join the team I would assume and San Jose has to start paying him again.

It's not the worst proposal and quite frankly Kane would probably help our team more than what most people are proposing these days.

I agree with this.  The big issue is 4 more year at $7MM.  If you can get SJS to retain 50% then at least you can bury the contract in the minors if you had to and it won't hurt too much but I don't think theres any way they go for that.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser 

Miller-Horvat-Garland

Should, Atleast in theory, be an elite top 6.  The trickle down effect of moving Miller down to play with Horvat could be huge.

3 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I agree with this.  The big issue is 4 more year at $7MM.  If you can get SJS to retain 50% then at least you can bury the contract in the minors if you had to and it won't hurt too much but I don't think theres any way they go for that.

Yeah.  If we could get rid of Miller and Pearson it should work.  San Jose would have to take Pearson and then we could trade Miller for help on D and at centre.  Kane basically replaces Miller in the lineup and Motte would replace Pearson on the 3rd line. 

If Klimovich can step up next year and join the big club then he would be on a cheap ELC for 3 years.

Kane           Pettersson    Boeser

Höglander   Horvat          Garland

Podkolzin    Dickinson     Klimovich

Highmore    Lammikko    Bailey

Miller could get us another centre so we could move Lammikko to left wing and dump Highmore.  And Miller could also get us help on D.

Gross. Hard NO!

This guy isn't a "pet project" or a "just needs a little guidance" fix'er upper. This guy is a career F*** Up. If SJ, with Burns, Karlsson and at the time Thornton couldn't straighten him out, our leadership group isn't going to have an effect.

Walk away, forget about Kane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1