The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Canucks and Sharks - Yes this is an Evander Kane proposal

On 11/2/2021 at 11:06 AM, Patel Bure said:

edit - proposal updated to

Pearson, Hamonic, and Motte for E.Kane and Meloche.

Evander Kane is an absolute train wreck outside of the rink and probably does rub many teammates the wrong way inside the lockerroom.  You know who else fit that description once upon a time?  Dennis Rodman.....and the guy helped both the Pistons and Bulls win championships.  

The Canucks need a guy who is fast, skilled, big, and plays with an edge.  Yes, Kane comes with baggage.  You know who else comes with baggage?  Tony DeAngelo, and the Canes were willing to give him a clean slate because the guy is a damned good hockey player that can help the team win.

To San Jose:  Tanner Pearson + Brandon Sutter

To Vancouver:  Evander Kane 

I don’t know if this quite works from a cap perspective, but if it doesn’t, then I also suggest that we move Tyler Motte in an independent deal for a draft pick.

E.Kane-Horvat-Garland

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Dickinson-Bailey (or Podz)

Highmore-Lammiko-Chiasson

Hughes-Hamonic 

OEL-Myers

Schenn-Poolman

Demko

Halak

It’s like that old Kanye West song:  “harder, better, faster, stronger.”

At first I was going to pooh pooh anything involving $hits how Kane but if we were to go back to the drawing board under new management and start dealing some of our vets, I could see scenarios that may make sense.

However, regardless of what we're giving up,

I would be looking to take advantage of a really bad situation in San Jose.

I don't think, given the extreme baggage (nobody wants to play with this guy) that asking for 2 first round picks in addition to Meloche is unreasonable.

Kane, Meloche, 2022 unprotected 1st, and 2023 protected first for Pearson and Sutter.

We take on Kane and his crap for 3 yrs, during which he can, hopefully, deal with his demons and, at least, finish his career with a bit of class.

If not, he walks and we never speak of him again.

We also get another lottery ticket in "the fight for Wright," sweepstakes, a second first rounder for 2023 or24, and a gritty, hard-nosed defender to match up with Hughes.

• Cheers 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:06 AM, Patel Bure said:

edit - proposal updated to

Pearson, Hamonic, and Motte for E.Kane and Meloche.

Evander Kane is an absolute train wreck outside of the rink and probably does rub many teammates the wrong way inside the lockerroom.  You know who else fit that description once upon a time?  Dennis Rodman.....and the guy helped both the Pistons and Bulls win championships.  

The Canucks need a guy who is fast, skilled, big, and plays with an edge.  Yes, Kane comes with baggage.  You know who else comes with baggage?  Tony DeAngelo, and the Canes were willing to give him a clean slate because the guy is a damned good hockey player that can help the team win.

To San Jose:  Tanner Pearson + Brandon Sutter

To Vancouver:  Evander Kane 

I don’t know if this quite works from a cap perspective, but if it doesn’t, then I also suggest that we move Tyler Motte in an independent deal for a draft pick.

E.Kane-Horvat-Garland

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Dickinson-Bailey (or Podz)

Highmore-Lammiko-Chiasson

Hughes-Hamonic 

OEL-Myers

Schenn-Poolman

Demko

Halak

It’s like that old Kanye West song:  “harder, better, faster, stronger.”

Lets be realistic, we’re shopping Boeser and they’re shopping Kane. So it would probably be something like Boeser for Kane (1/2 salary retained). 

normally we’d have to give up picks for them to retain salary... but since it’s Kane, they’re willing to waive the picks and do the salary for free. 

3 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Lets be realistic, we’re shopping Boeser and they’re shopping Kane. So it would probably be something like Boeser for Kane (1/2 salary retained). 

normally we’d have to give up picks for them to retain salary... but since it’s Kane, they’re willing to waive the picks and do the salary for free. 

the only reason you take on Kane is for the other assets that come with him. You would never put him on a team unless he actually had a come to jesus moment and turned his life around, which is pretty unlikely.

Moving Brock for Kane 1:1 is probably the worst trade idea in Canucks history, and thats saying something.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the only reason you take on Kane is for the other assets that come with him. You would never put him on a team unless he actually had a come to jesus moment and turned his life around, which is pretty unlikely.

Moving Brock for Kane 1:1 is probably the worst trade idea in Canucks history, and thats saying something.

The asset your getting is cap space. Their points are essentially a wash. Kane can hit and fight as well as putting up the points though. He is still a very good player and multi-faceted (which I’m not sure you can say about any other canuck forward in the whole organization right now).

So if you’re getting an extra 2-3 million in cap space that is the appeal to the Canucks for risking the circus. 

I mean Ballard, Raymond and a 2nd has got the Canucks a lot throughout the years. 

and Benning did pull off that kind of a move in acquiring OEL and Garland. 

8 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

The asset your getting is cap space. Their points are essentially a wash. Kane can hit and fight as well as putting up the points though. He is still a very good player and multi-faceted (which I’m not sure you can say about any other canuck forward in the whole organization right now).

So if you’re getting an extra 2-3 million in cap space that is the appeal to the Canucks for risking the circus. 

I mean Ballard, Raymond and a 2nd has got the Canucks a lot throughout the years. 

and Benning did pull off that kind of a move in acquiring OEL and Garland. 

if we're moving Brock for cap space tho, just move him for a 1st which you could easily get for him and have all the cap space. Kane just makes no sense without a bucket of assets coming back.

Brock for Kane, SJS unprotected 1st, a-prospect is the only thing that would make any sense, and only if we're doing a mini-rebuild where Kane is gone in 2 seasons anyway.

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

if we're moving Brock for cap space tho, just move him for a 1st which you could easily get for him and have all the cap space. Kane just makes no sense without a bucket of assets coming back.

Brock for Kane, SJS unprotected 1st, a-prospect is the only thing that would make any sense, and only if we're doing a mini-rebuild where Kane is gone in 2 seasons anyway.

Yes and I don’t think SJ does the 1st (Or even a 2nd for that matter) AND the cap space.  I don’t feel that there’s a trade for Kane possible for us. Not even if he is the beloved hometown player that oozes character of his hometown. 

1 minute ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Yes and I don’t think SJ does the 1st (Or even a 2nd for that matter) AND the cap space.  I don’t feel that there’s a trade for Kane possible for us. Not even if he is the beloved hometown player that oozes character of his hometown. 

Kane doesn't represent anyone but himself, a selfish idiot.

SJS is going to have to pay one way or the other, either by buyout or losing assets to someone.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JM_ said:

Kane doesn't represent anyone but himself, a selfish idiot.

SJS is going to have to pay one way or the other, either by buyout or losing assets to someone.

Exactly. 

and we don’t have the cap space to take on Kane for some of those assets. It would be nice if we could though. Maybe get Gadj back. 

Van: Boeser(retain 2 mill for this season), TP(that pass today was a crime), 2023 3rd r pick

Snarks: Kane(they retain 2 mill per season x 4 yrs), Gadjovich, 2022 1st r pick(no protection)

It's been so dire, would prob consider this strongly. JB admits his waiver-idiocy too.

Move on from the BB contract questions.

On 11/2/2021 at 11:20 AM, Patel Bure said:

What if the Chicago Bulls had said “eff Rodman,” or if the Hurricanes had said “eff Tony DeAngelo?”   I completely agree that Evander is a troubled human being, but his skill set is EXACTLY what we need right now.

Look at Tony DeAngelo in Carolina right now:  https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=130876

Tony is a really good hockey player who would be an all star in the 70s through 2015. However, the US has a political issue so he gets ostracized.  

Hockey is a game played by rough angry men. That's why playoff hockey is the best, they let them be themselves. However, the wokesters are coming for it. 

Soon it will be similar to women's hockey. No real body checks. Rub outs along the boards etc. 

• Cheers 1

Why does everyone want Evander Kane? 

The guy isn't even young anymore, his best career year is 57 points, and all reports indicate that the man 1. doesn't have a good head on his shoulders, 2. is a cancer in the locker room. Do we really need that kind of player with all of our young players? 

Petey's struggling, and people are crucifying him, and we want Kane??? 

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, AbbyNux said:

Tony is a really good hockey player who would be an all star in the 70s through 2015. However, the US has a political issue so he gets ostracized.  

Hockey is a game played by rough angry men. That's why playoff hockey is the best, they let them be themselves. However, the wokesters are coming for it. 

Soon it will be similar to women's hockey. No real body checks. Rub outs along the boards etc. 

I would have liked for management to take a bet on Tony. It's too bad that boat has sailed and passed on us. A RHD essentially for free, the only risk was his atittude. Carolina making so many good risks and decisions, their fans are lucky to have such a good team, and a trusted management team. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 11:38 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

I wouldn't be opposed to brining in Kane as long as his legal issues are over.  He is basically what we are missing up front, a true power forward who can drop the gloves and fight heavyweights.  I'd play him with Petey and Brock.  He had a phenomenal year last year, almost a point a game and was on pace for 30+ goals.  You could probably get him on the cheap right now.

The big problem though is fitting him under the cap.  Pearson and Sutter aren't gonna do it.  I don't see Kane and Miller working together on the same team, so if we could get Kane for cheap then we could trade Miller for a two way right hand centre and a right hand Dman, or a eft hand Dman who can play on the bottom pairing and provide some grit and penalty killing.  I am sure San Jose would just want to get rid of him at this point. Once his suspension is over he is free to join the team I would assume and San Jose has to start paying him again.

It's not the worst proposal and quite frankly Kane would probably help our team more than what most people are proposing these days.

50% salary retained! myb his ma and pa smack the dumb out of him. knock some fricken sense into him lolol he knows he has to smarten up its his absolute last fricken straw! myb coming home can do him good. we do need help in scoring department. high risk with awards myb..