The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long before Garland and OEL buy into our system?

Rate this topic

Got the Babych

32 minutes ago, Got the Babych said:

Totally. Arguably been our best (non-goalie) players. I'm in all seriousness worried that they might conform.

I've said a few times throughout this year that our 2nd PP with OEL and Garland has actually looked more dangerous than our 1st PP.   Even though they look disorganized at times, their creativity and unpredictability has actually lead to more dangerous scoring chances per ice time in my opinion.  

I like Green as a person (at least from what I see), but I'd like to see a coaching change if last night's win was an anomaly (i.e. not the end of our slump).

Edited by Patel Bure

23 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I've said a few times throughout this year that our 2nd PP with OEL and Garland has actually looked more dangerous than our 1st PP.   Even though they look disorganized at times, their creativity and unpredictability has actually lead to more dangerous scoring chances per ice time in my opinion.  

I like Green as a person (at least from what I see), but I'd like to see a coaching change if last night's win was an anomaly (i.e. not the end of our slump).

I'd like to see a coaching change even if it wasn't an anomaly.  Those special teams were atrocious.

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Yeah, that creativity is exactly what the dr. ordered! There's been some minor change to tempo and defense this year, but the giveaways and sloppy plays are so glaring. New coach for the next level, IMO.

2 hours ago, Got the Babych said:

Totally. Arguably been our best (non-goalie) players. I'm in all seriousness worried that they might conform.

conform to taking more time to fit together as the team gets used to them, it takes time and is annoying as F to wait for BUT if one noticed how much better we played against the Rangers in a much longer stretch than normal in the last 5 games or so easily... however that needs to be a full 60 mins and it's not going to happen overnight, as the season progresses yes BUT hopefully more practice time will pay off too but for now growing pains... like it? no.. is it realistic? yes

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah quite peculiar how bad some people's sarcasm radar is.  

I would've thought that after 20-25 years on the internet, people would pick up on the funny undertones better. 

the Faithful aren't here for humor.

They are here to reiterate their support for JB's plan and to prove that they know and understand its finer nuances

this is serious

fun may only be poked at the Oilers, Flames and Leafs

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

the Faithful aren't here for humor.

They are here to reiterate their support for JB's plan and to prove that they know and understand its finer nuances

this is serious

fun may only be poked at the Oilers, Flames and Leafs

well no one has come up with names that can be made as much fun of as 'laffs" "flamers" and "coilers" though right?  

4 hours ago, Got the Babych said:

What's with these clowns? It's SO obvious they're new here and perplexed by our systems. I mean, they are creative, shifty, take lots of shots, and are unpredictable. Will they assimilate before their disease infects the whole team?

Conform or ride the pine, I say.

ship them back to the desert and bring back player name and roussel

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

ship them back to the desert and bring back player name and roussel

well as long as you don't say his name lol I thank you but c'mon Rous was fine before getting injured.. and player name, who the F knows what was in his head and I had to do a fist pump when I saw that he was outa here!! 

7 hours ago, Got the Babych said:

What's with these clowns? It's SO obvious they're new here and perplexed by our systems. I mean, they are creative, shifty, take lots of shots, and are unpredictable. Will they assimilate before their disease infects the whole team?

Conform or ride the pine, I say.

Don't worry.   green will homoginize them and scrub all those skills right out of them like he's done with every other player thats come on this team.   He'll have them playing perimiter/robotic sterile hockey by mid season.

• Cheers 1