The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Eichel and 2023 3rd to Vegas for Tuch, Krebs, 2022 1st, and 2023 2nd

qwijibo

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

I think it’s a really big deal for Buffalo!

Basically 3 1sts for a heavily broken Eichel who almost certainly won’t return to previous form.  
They are lucky they got that.  

It’s not 3 firsts though.

Krebs looks decent but I doubt Tuch ever becomes more than a 50 point support player.

That pick ends up being 28-32. Whoopdie doo!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Wow what kinda crappy return is this. I was expecting way more. Not 4x1sts, but close. I am pretty sure Eichel will return to form after surgery and be a scorer machine. Does it make his team better - that's another question. 

Sabres should have let Eichel do the surgery and then trade him. May be some risks/things we are not seeing. 

Edited by Drakrami

Meh, I'm not shocked by the lowish return. The situation compelled it - there was no way he was going to be a Sabre again, and even though it's likely he'll regain form, if he doesn't the 10M doesn't look so great. Sabres bungled the situation pretty bad and this is an OK recovery considering the situation

• Cheers 3

if Tkachuk + a 1st + a former 1st rounder were offered up vs. this, what you do take? Kind of surprised they wouldn't go with Tkachuk, unless the deal was pulled off the table.

I wonder how Tkachuk moves forward knowing he was offered up for Eichel. Dude has a huge ego and I imagine it's bruised.

Edited by Teemu Selänne
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

if Tkachuk + a 1st + a former 1st rounder were offered up vs. this, what you take? Kind of surprised they wouldn't go with Tkachuk, unless the deal was pulled off the table.

I wonder how Tkachuk moves forward knowing he was offered up for Eichel. Dude has a huge ego and I imagine it's bruised.

Buffalo probably had a feeling Tkachuk was going to walk in 2 years.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They mortgaged the future but also stayed very good right now especially if Eichel reaches that 90-100 point level again.

I swear the league manufacturers these trades for their favourite franchises.

Somehow a team with no cap space just added a 10 million dollar superstar? Give me a break.

Eichel he's never reached 90 - 100 points. His best season was 82 points in 77 games. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure LA or the Rangers could have provided a better return than that. And given them a higher 1st round pick. 

Buffalo is a joke. 

He's a better fit with Vegas. Their only handicap was their top line center, now it's their depth and their goaltending. 

49 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Wow what kinda crappy return is this. I was expecting way more. Not 4x1sts, but close. I am pretty sure Eichel will return to form after surgery and be a scorer machine. Does it make his team better - that's another question. 

Sabres should have let Eichel do the surgery and then trade him. May be some risks/things we are not seeing. 

Eichel has a NTC that kicks in next season. So I get the timing, but the return, yeesh.