The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Islanders trade Johnny Boychuk to Sabres for future considerations

I'm just glad people have finally clued in LTIR players are not worth any real value. I had some many ridiculous arguments on here trying to educate some. 

This move proves that the Islanders will get more cap space without the LTIR player. it only cost buffalo 500K in real dollars to make this trade, and gives them flexibility to clean house. I would be very suprised if buffalo doesnt try to rid itself of some ballooned contracts like skinner or okposo. I wouldnt doubt it if islanders add okposo or skinner with some salary retained at the deadline, and that is the future considerations.

again I'd like to point out no one will ever want to trade for ferland, as his actual salary is 3.75 this year and 2.75 million next year and its all uninsured. maybe next year but i'm sure there will be better targets than ferland. so still very unlikely

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Can’t we trade Ferland to Buffalo for future considerations?  

That way we wouldn’t need to use LTIR next year. 

i'll tattoo Jim benning is a god if he trades ferland this year without moving a pick along side him. maybe next year, but there will likely be better targets than ferland

4 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i'll tattoo Jim benning is a god if he trades ferland this year without moving a pick along side him. maybe next year, but there will likely be better targets than ferland

Taking on Ferland's contract will help Buffalo reach the cap floor next year without having to spend big in free agency.  Boychuk's contract will be off the books so I can see them trading for some LTIR players or they will pull an Arizona and take cap dumps for picks and prospects.

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Taking on Ferland's contract will help Buffalo reach the cap floor next year without having to spend big in free agency.  Boychuk's contract will be off the books so I can see them trading for some LTIR players or they will pull an Arizona and take cap dumps for picks and prospects.

I honestly don't believe that ferland will be traded, he is already competing with Little for next years contract dump. littles contract is insured meaning he is only owed 40% of his 4.75m dollar salary next year which equal out to only 10K more than ferland but comes with a 5.29m cap hit. and again there will likely be better targets than even little. there is about 2300 games left in the season not including the playoffs, for sure there will be at least 1 or 2 career ending injuries with more tradeable contracts than both ferland or little.

ferlands has almost a 0% chance of being traded unless we trade him with a pick.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...