The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators | Nov 5, 2021 7 PM PDT | Special Teams Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

30 years ago today....

Pavel Bure made his debut with the Canucks.

I was gifted tickets to that game ( up in the end zone nosebleeds) and to this day I remember that rush (second clip) …

The old Pacific Mausoleum was really rocking’.  

Best money I never spent! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

"...Big pile up in the crease! Panarin comes in front..he shoots!.. sprawling is Scorpion! Panarin again…blocked by Scorpion!!!…..wild action, Scorpion has lost his blocker, he’s waving to the referee, Scorpion doesn’t have his blocker, he has a bare right hand….There's another shot! man I don’t know how he stopped that!"

• Cheers 4

I noticed in the threads video intro it's not Myers behind Demko trying to stop the puck but Miller, you really win championships with guys like him. We have to find a way get and keep guys like Miller. All heart never say die and lay your body on the line to win. When i see a guy like Myers i think of guys i work with that either aren't giving all they have or just don't have that drive and determination to excel to the top, or maybe it's just not having the knowledge of what it takes to achieve greatness. It's what makes player like Sakic and Linden so rare.

Edited by Bure2Win
  • Wat 2

21 minutes ago, rekker said:

Big night for our household. Canucks on at 7 and beforehand my girls game is streaming. She finally plays her first OUS University game. Covid cancelled last season before puck drop so needless to say we have been anxiously waiting. 

Nice congrats!

What is OUS

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

I noticed in the threads video intro it's not Myers behind Demko trying to stop the puck but Miller, you really win championships with guys like him. We have to find a way get and keep guys like Miller. All heart never say die and lay your body on the line to win. When i see a guy like Myers i think of guys i work with that either aren't giving all they have or just don't have that drive and determination to excel to the top, or maybe it's just not having the knowledge of what it takes to achieve greatness. It's what makes player like Sakic and Linden so rare.

Myers is great. He is a big part of the team.

Miller is awesome. He is my best friend forever. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Team is loaded with good, gritty, character players. They just haven't been able to put it together yet. Could be because of Green, or just too many new guys learning and getting comfortable, or Petey and Boes getting off to a slow start. 

Last game was their best yet IMO. That 3rd period was insane.  My wife and I went to the EDM game a couple of days before, and that was a snoozer compare to the Rangers game. Picked the wrong game to go to  :lol:

Miller's reaction after scoring the OT winner gave me chills. The pure passion he displayed after scoring. It felt like they had just won a playoff series, yet it was just a regular Tuesday night game against an eastern team. His reaction may have been joy combined with relief. Really hoping they can ride that wave and pile up some wins.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Team is loaded with good, gritty, character players. They just haven't been able to put it together yet. Could be because of Green, or just too many new guys learning and getting comfortable, or Petey and Boes getting off to a slow start. 

Last game was their best yet IMO. That 3rd period was insane.  My wife and I went to the EDM game a couple of days before, and that was a snoozer compare to the Rangers game. Picked the wrong game to go to  :lol:

Miller's reaction after scoring the OT winner gave me chills. The pure passion he displayed after scoring. It felt like they had just won a playoff series, yet it was just a regular Tuesday night game against an eastern team. His reaction may have been joy combined with relief. Really hoping they can ride that wave and pile up some wins.  

It was pretty special to watch. Ian MacIntyre said it was like Burrows when he came out of the penalty 

box and scored then broke his stick. Miller is far better than Burrows but yeah I see what hes saying in 

the breaking the spell moment.