The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators | Nov 5, 2021 7 PM PDT | Special Teams Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

20 hours ago, kilgore said:

So Green is finally changing up the PP. 

Heard on 650. Brock on the bumper, Miller in front of the net, Petey on the right side slot, OEL and Garland on the points.

I like that change, but if the idea is simply to plug n play them into the same static PP, its not going to make much difference.  I want to see them move around more. And pass and shoot quicker.  Go to the net for rebounds.

The static PP's only advantage is that players like Petey, and Boeser, are already always in the perfect spot for the best shot.  But the only way that system works is setting up a one timer.  It doesn't work when they stop the puck every time, giving the goaltender, and defence enough time to recover. Whether its a bad pass, or the player just not ready, its always ...hold...hold...hold....pass...hold...hold...hold....pass....hold....hold...hold...shoot!. 

soccer-mexico.gif

With Green it will always be about personnel and never about his system.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1

so the miracle did happen last game....they started to play hockey! plus they got a few breaks....5-3 in the final minutes of the game....but look what happens when you are agressive on the PK.....but one win after losing 3 straight...doesn't mean anything unless they can back that up against the Preds...which are not easy beats ...

Podz scores a hatty and forces TG to play him on top line with JT and Alien, Boes moves to his old line and ups it's production.

3rd goes Dickinson Garland and Hogs.. ok so I'm dreaming maybe but that would be one of the best scenario's ever, make it happen Podz! (crosses fingers) 

Seems to me he's been trying to play the safe game since arriving which is fine but looking forward to see him let loose and pin his ears back and ownnthe puck but even still, he's doing ok and then some.