The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars | Nov 7, 2021 7 PM PDT | *Warning! May Contain Power Plays*

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Can you decline a powerplay in the NHL?

If no, do you have to put 5 guy one the ice? maybe 4 on 4 gives us a better scoring chance, its more like OT. I wish I were kidding.

Nothing worse than watching our guys have a lane to the net or even an odd man rush only to turn back and wait for our powerplay to set up.

If you’ve got a play off the rush go for it! Don’t turn back just so you can pass it around the perimeter and lose the puck.

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, JM_ said:

If no, do you have to put 5 guy one the ice? maybe 4 on 4 gives us a better scoring chance, its more like OT. I wish I were kidding.

I’ve actually said nOoooo I few times when the ref put up his hand. We were playing so good 5 on 5. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I was suggesting the same thing during the Nashville game cause so far, a Canuck PP normally means: 2 mins wasted and a short handed breakaway...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Gonna make a bold prediction here. We'll be okay 5v5, but our horrifyingly bad special teams are going to cost us the game. Also, we'll give up the first goal and our faceoff percentage will be horrendous.

Crazy, I know.

"That's a good team over there, they skate fast and play hard."

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, JM_ said:

They should just politely decline maybe ask to donate them to Arizona coyotes they will make better use of it…

Edited by captainhorvat

27 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be honest, I could care less about this.  It's his general solid play defensively that has impressed me.  But again, just my opinion.

Not to mention our poor powerplay has contributed to those numbers. If he was on a team with just a decent powerplay things would be much different.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2