The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Dallas Stars | Nov 7, 2021 7 PM PDT | *Warning! May Contain Power Plays*

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Will a 4-8-1 record be enough to fire this coaching staff?

Lets hope so. Still lots of season left to turn this thing around.

I don't know why no action has been taken earlier. 

You want to give a potential new coach more time with this team to implement strategies and structure. 

It kind of irks me when Aquilini's attitude is, "if anything, blame me, not Jim Benning and co." for the team's failures. 

For some reason he seems to want to keep deflecting any blame on the coaching/management of this team. No foresight, no vision.

This ownership has tolerated these rookie coaches for 8 years. Time's up.

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Canucks-12 said:

I think it’s time to change things up. New forward lines should be:

Hoglander - Pettersson - Garland

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Pearson - Dickenson - Podz 

Bailey - Lammi- Chaisson 

and Pods should be on the PP.

Should let Hogz, Horvat and Podz together and let them loose.

Hoglander-Horvar-Podkolzin

Miller-Pettersson-Garland

Pearson-Dickinson-Boeser

Bailey-Lammikko-Chaisson

OEL - Myers

Hughes-Hamonic 

Schenn-Poolman

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The difference is at one point Brown was 

considered and proven to be a legitimate powerplay coach. King hasn’t proven (expletive deleted). 

Ofcourse, he has proven something: that he is not (yet ?) ready to be an NHL asst (saying it in a nice way).

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Haha 3

Beautiful goals from Brock and Hoggy last game… and watching Garland and Hughes with the puck has been fantastic. 

I have faith this team is going to figure it out sooner than later.  Here’s to a big win tomorrow!

Edited by ilduce39
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nate Schmidt  9 points  +8

Nate Schmidt has more points than every Canuck except Miller and Garland.  Hmmm. I wonder why?

I'll give you a hint.  What colour is grass?

again: it's uncle jim's job to fire him. Why isn't uncle jim doing nothing? You as a jim benning supporter will come up with some excuses to defend uncle jim, of course.

again: this franchise needs change.

• Wat 2

29 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Beautiful goals from Brock and Hoggy last game… and watching Garland and Hughes with the puck has been fantastic. 

I have faith this team is going to figure it out sooner than later.  Here’s to a big win tomorrow!

I guess you have faith in Canucks PK and faith in Canucks PP as well. Not to mention that you have faith in the Canucks superb assistant coaches Baumgartner and King. From a religious standpoint of view it's always great to have faith.

5 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

again: it's uncle jim's job to fire him. Why isn't uncle jim doing nothing? You as a jim benning supporter will come up with some excuses to defend uncle jim, of course.

again: this franchise needs change.

Imo, JB bought himself some time with the drafting of the young core and re vamping of the roster in the offseason.   Right now, the team needs a new coach and it has been proven that sometimes a new coach can make a ton of difference to get a club going in the right direction.   My guess, the magic number if nothing changes is between 20 to 30 games.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I don't know why no action has been taken earlier. 

You want to give a potential new coach more time with this team to implement strategies and structure. 

It kind of irks me when Aquilini's attitude is, "if anything, blame me, not Jim Benning and co." for the team's failures. 

For some reason he seems to want to keep deflecting any blame on the coaching/management of this team. No foresight, no vision.

This ownership has tolerated these rookie coaches for 8 years. Time's up.

Aqua is right though, he just extended them both

So when he fires them and he will, (depending how against he is paying for 2 Gm,s and coaches) how will he explain that?

It won't matter though because when a team is doing poor, they are glad for a new change

Hmmm, maybe he will demote Green to Abby for conditioning, and see if picked up on waivers :)