The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 07, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

33 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

I don’t wish Jake back with us,but from what I’ve seen from other teams he has a chance,I’m looking at you Calgary:bigblush:

I dunno if any NHL team wants to take on the risk of someone like him. 

At least with this current management group, that ship has definitely sailed. He's not even at a point per game in the KHL. 

There's probably a dime a dozen players in the league that have better, stronger character who could play in the bottom six. And that's what Virtanen would be if he came back to the league. He would be a bottom six, role player. 

Time to move on from Jake. 

4 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Next question: will Green know how to use the player or will he even use the player - don't want another, Nate Schmidt situation.

If Iam JB, I would ask Green for a short list of players.

I'm sure they would be in serious conversations about what/who (player type) is needed, for this group to produce as expected... 

The Nate Schmidt situation was an odd one, as he came with all the credentials... don't think anyone expected him to fare so poorly in Vancouver.

Obviously with $ in mind, to stay within the cap... He may even be keeping a good eye as the other teams still are trimming the fat of their squads, to see what becomes available on the waiver wire....

24 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I'm sure they would be in serious conversations about what/who (player type) is needed, for this group to produce as expected... 

The Nate Schmidt situation was an odd one, as he came with all the credentials... don't think anyone expected him to fare so poorly in Vancouver.

Obviously with $ in mind, to stay within the cap... He may even be keeping a good eye as the other teams still are trimming the fat of their squads, to see what becomes available on the waiver wire....

If the current staff is retained and based on Greens tendency on deployment; it should be obvious to JB (by now), that personnel is very important to Green; and instead of wasting time & assets to acquire a player, a serious conversation with Green has to happen first prior to any making any moves.

Preferably, I would like to see this roster with a different coaching staff before any more roster tweaking.

A much needed win last night, but what happens in these few games will say alot if the team had turned the corner.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 hours ago, khay said:

Petey said as much.

They needed to change things up with the old style figured out by other teams.

?

Now youre inferring from what EP said the game afterwards? Thats quite a leap to make.

For all you know, during that time out King could have been discussing the PK’s tendencies with Miller/Garland. 

Either way it’s speculative 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

If the current staff is retained and based on Greens tendency on deployment; it should be obvious to JB (by now), that personnel is very important to Green; and instead of wasting time & assets to acquire a player, a serious conversation with Green has to happen first prior to any making any moves.

Preferably, I would like to see this roster with a different coaching staff before any more roster tweaking.

A much needed win last night, but what happens in these few games will say alot if the team had turned the corner.

Yes it certainly will...

I think atm we will have to wait until about the 20 game mark, and see if the team are improving or not, before making rash decisions on coaching staff. 

There is zero doubt the focus in on Green and his assistant coaches, as this season was going to be the first proper season where we should contend for playoffs spot.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, so it'll take more than a single win to convince the fan base and more importantly the owners, that the team is heading the right direction.

Lets see at the 20games mark... if it goes back to the same uninspired garbage then a coaching change will surely be imminent, but until then I'll stand pat... 

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Angry Goose said:

?

Now youre inferring from what EP said the game afterwards? Thats quite a leap to make.

For all you know, during that time out King could have been discussing the PK’s tendencies with Miller/Garland. 

Either way it’s speculative 

It wasn't PK by the way. 6-on-5.

Speculation is what we can do as fans. Don't state the obvious. Great sage.

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yes it certainly will...

I think atm we will have to wait until about the 20 game mark, and see if the team are improving or not, before making rash decisions on coaching staff. 

There is zero doubt the focus in on Green and his assistant coaches, as this season was going to be the first proper season where we should contend for playoffs spot.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, so it'll take more than a single win to convince the fan base and more importantly the owners, that the team is heading the right direction.

Lets see at the 20games mark... if it goes back to the same uninspired garbage then a coaching change will surely be imminent, but until then I'll stand pat... 

Good points and good chance, JB and  Aquaman have a date in my mind.

Yeah, another 10 game with the same result, would even be a hard sell to the groupies, to not be wondering if a coaching change is need or any change.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1