The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

We win this and we're back to .500. We're ahead of Colorado who most people were picking to make it out of the west and even win the cup. 

No reason to panic yet, the season is still so early. String a few wins together and we're already back in a playoff spot. Hoping to see a second good game in a row from the lotto line, especially Petey.

Pk needs a lot of work still though. If they can go one game without giving up a goal, they might be able to get some confidence.

Predicting a win here, but Gibson is still a great goalie and could easily steal this. The boys need to be hungry and be first to jump on any loose pucks and score some garbage goals off rebounds or tips.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Guys off to an incredible start...but guess who also has a 5th round pick in 2015, who also had the longest active point streak in the league to start this season at the 6 game mark?

Yes, it's our angry little elf:

12th round pick if you consider that he was passed over in his first draft year. 

1 hour ago, Ur a Towel said:

We win this and we're back to .500. We're ahead of Colorado who most people were picking to make it out of the west and even win the cup. 

No reason to panic yet, the season is still so early. String a few wins together and we're already back in a playoff spot. Hoping to see a second good game in a row from the lotto line, especially Petey.

Pk needs a lot of work still though. If they can go one game without giving up a goal, they might be able to get some confidence.

Predicting a win here, but Gibson is still a great goalie and could easily steal this. The boys need to be hungry and be first to jump on any loose pucks and score some garbage goals off rebounds or tips.

Colorado has had a string of injuries to key players though so it’s not exactly apples to apples yet. The Canucks were missing 2 4th liners and a 2nd/3rd pairing dman.

28 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Colorado has had a string of injuries to key players though so it’s not exactly apples to apples yet. The Canucks were missing 2 4th liners and a 2nd/3rd pairing dman.

Smile. Try being happy. You can post something positive once. It might make you feel good too.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks will wear these camo jerseys during warm-up for Armed Forces Appreciation Night.

FDtg4UNVQAEg4lm?format=png&name=small

I almost didn’t notice the camo (edit: might even say it’s camouflaged ;)).

Maybe just the lighting in the pic, but looks more like a jersey that’s been run through the laundry too many times with dark colours.

Or worn to play rugby in the mud.

Looks more crusty than camo. :lol:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Bad jokes
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I almost didn’t notice the camo (edit: might even say it’s camouflaged ;)).

Maybe just the lighting in the pic, but looks more like a jersey that’s been run through the laundry too many times with dark colours.

Or worn to play rugby in the mud.

Looks more crusty than camo. :lol:

It looks like they're going for the OTW shirt style:

51ZHN5IfTjL._AC_.jpg.6951ec46196057a47ba37e2c1231e1b0.jpg

Edit: My 2000th post, nearly took 11 years.

Edited by MattJVD
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The Ducks are in an awkward transition year and will surely slow down as the year goes on, but right now their leading scorer is a former 5th round pick Terry who's basically unheard of, and Shattenkirk is potting almost a point per game. They've been good on PP and PK so we may really struggle if they get some powerplays.

This will be a proper mess of a game with two relatively bad teams and I think special teams will decide it, in which case let's hope our PK can learn their lesson one of these games and let in less than half the opportunities against.

5-3 Canucks in a bit of a hairy one.

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

And their top players aren't playing as well as they should be even when they are healthy. 

Point was that it's still early on and things can change quickly. I fully expect the Avs to finish ahead of us by the end of the year, but we aren't the only team struggling. 

• Cheers 2

Time to start looking at a replacement for Dickinson. Choose a bottom 6 forward from Abby. Dickinson has been nothing close to what he was supposed to bring. Try a Chase Wouters, solid checking forward. Or Phil DiGi a solid hitter. I would say Lockwood but he's too young I think.
Dickinson is just dead weight out there. We can't afford to have that in our bottom 6. If we have solid checkers on thr farm let's use them.
Mac or Gadj would have brought more. 

• Wat 2
  • RoughGame 3

2 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

The Avs were considered the #1 team in the west we weren't.  They started the season missing Toews and Nate for a couple of games but still a team picked by many to win the cup should have the depth to cover that. 

They had a pretty soft schedule as well.

The truth is they have looked really bad and their pp has been as bad as ours hell  worse even.

Their fans sound a lot like the ones here whining about TG but the truth is just like our top guys they have struggled but they haven't had very good goaltending and have been bad defensively 5on5.

Literally their only bright spot has been Bowen,  EJ, LOC and Kadri. The rest have been pretty bad.

They lost a ton of depth and their young forwards haven't filled the void.

At least here we have seen improvements in some areas, the Avs have literally regressed in every facet and being made of glass doesn't help.

Sadd made a comment about their core having maturity issues and most felt he was taking a shot at Mack,you guys think JT sulks and has bad energy? Mack is a tyrant even in games he yells and his teammates and coaches and when your top 3 in the league maybe it slides but when you are part of the problem it comes across much differently.

Honestly and I've said this before but guys like you who constantly post negative stuff should watch more out of town games, I know that you don't just based off some of the comments you make. 

We are far from perfect but there are a lot of teams even teams currently with better records who have far bigger issues. The Avs, leafs, Rangers, Vegas, Habs, just to name a few. 

I'm not saying we are going to turn things around and other teams won't but I would rather have elite goaltending and good 5on5 play over teams that are winning because of special teams. Over the long run special teams seem to balance out, teams that win are almost always good 5on5 with great goaltending. Besides we have way to much talent on the pp to not be at least middle of the pack and the pk should get better, it might be our weakness but it should improve once we get a few guys back and a few guys off who shouldn't be on there in the first place.

You forgot to mention that the players we are missing most are Sutter and Motte who are both excellent PK. Literally, the area that has been causing us the most trouble. So, Key guys for the Canucks, not just some 4th liners. The D-man we were missing was also key to the PK as well but shhh fourth liners and a 2-4 D man. 

• Upvote 1

Just thinking out loud here. Our PP and PK practice against each other, and since our PP has been completely one dimensional and stationary to this point, our PK would be used to playing against said $&!#ty PP. So theoretically, if we successfully turn our PP around and it starts to look like an NHL caliber PP again, our PK would then get to practice against a much better PP, which should in turn help the PK improve. 

Right?

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Ray Ferraro once said it takes a full year to accustom after a change of scenery. I'm a big believer in this. It's only 10 games in.

A year? :mellow: can we call him back later? 

Edited by Hairy Kneel