The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

Well just hope we win.  Getting back to .500 would go a long way into avoiding a situation where we have to claw our way back in a month.    It's a long season with ebbs and flows.   Remember when the Sedin teams were re-tooled and we'd get off to hot starts?   ANA and SJ are both likely doing that now.    Hot starts that is.   Let's get our two points in regulation too. 

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Well just hope we win.  Getting back to .500 would go a long way into avoiding a situation where we have to claw our way back in a month.    It's a long season with ebbs and flows.   Remember when the Sedin teams were re-tooled and we'd get off to hot starts?   ANA and SJ are both likely doing that now.    Hot starts that is.   Let's get our two points in regulation too. 

Yea I remember Buffalo a few years ago started off incredibly hot then fizzled just as fast. Also don't forget our glory years we would have horrible oct nov then pick it up. I just wanna see the boys creating chances and playing a solid defensive game. I don't wanna see Demko posting  .950 save % for us to get wins because that's not sustainable.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Dickinson isn't a 3rd C like Stastny or Miller were for Vegas and TB.   Maybe expectations are way too high.   And he's also not getting paid like he should be really.   Rather he's been paid like a 4th line vet in his prime.    To me he was always brought in here as a defensive winger that could slot in to add C depth.   If Sutter and Motte were both healthy, playing on the fourth line RW spot that would make a solid if not elite defensive line.  

This idea of him as a 3rd C .... Well with a career face off percentage around 45% why would we think that's a defensive  center?   Or a career points level around 20 etc why would we think he's going to get 30-40 points!     He was noticeable playing in Dallas.   To me he's like Hartman with less offense and probably more defense.    Yes he's been disappointing, but he's also getting used to new players and he's also playing his side role from the hop.   Last season our bottom six aside from Sutter gave virtually zero offensive support.    Why can't we just wait until we pick on the new guys?   Also out of all the new guys, expecting all of them to be hits is unreasonable.   Thankfully so far it is Dickinson and not OEL or Garland.    No hockey guy had this as a bad signing.   Same with Poolman.   Getting paid for exactly what they are worth.   I'm willing to wait awhile before lagging on our new players.  

We'll we have guys on the farm we could try out. 

Just not the pro level experience that I thought he would bring. 

We'll see. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Yea I remember Buffalo a few years ago started off incredibly hot then fizzled just as fast. Also don't forget our glory years we would have horrible oct nov then pick it up. I just wanna see the boys creating chances and playing a solid defensive game. I don't wanna see Demko posting  .950 save % for us to get wins because that's not sustainable.

If Demko can do that we are winning some cups.   So yes i do want him doing that lol.   Joking aside .... the leaderboard as of now, won't look anything like it does by game 40.  

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Shot suppression, keeping shots at a low danger, playing in your face and not allowing you time and space. He was a great defensive forward in Dallas with maybe some hidden offensive potential, but he hasn't hit that here yet.

We'll were bleeding shot attempts and he's yet to be noticed at any physical level. 

Did he have an injury or covid or some such? 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll we have guys on the farm we could try out. 

Just not the pro level experience that I thought he would bring. 

We'll see. 

Get that.   With time it should come.   At least i hope it does.   Watching them play Vegas, Dickinson was noticeable.   As in he could actually stand up to them and make a play.   To get out of this division ... 

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Get that.   With time it should come.   At least i hope it does.   Watching them play Vegas, Dickinson was noticeable. 

Could have been. 

Maybe with Garland and Podz and Hogs playing well Dickinson just kind of dissappears. 

I would like a couple good body checks at least. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

Well you'll just have to live without my witty banter memes and gifs....going to the game.  I sure hope it's as entertaining as last game...come on boys, don't let me/us down.  Keep this momentum going in the right direction.

Not sure why we always have to rip on our own players....that's why we have opponents.  GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Well you'll just have to live without my witty banter memes and gifs....going to the game.  I sure hope it's as entertaining as last game...come on boys, don't let me/us down.  Keep this momentum going in the right direction.

Not sure why we always have to rip on our own players....that's why we have opponents.  GO CANUCKS GO!

Bring extra cowbell Deb, we want to hear you on TV. :) 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Why wouldn’t you want Demko to play lights out all the time. Marty Brodeur stole many games for the Devils on their way to two cups.

• Like 1