-2022 1st

-Sutter

-Ferland

To Vancouver:

-Clayton Keller (7.15 million)

-Ilya Lyibushkin (1.35 million / RD)

Why AZ does this:

• Another 1st round pick for their future
  • Reduce their long term liabilities with the Keller contract.  I know that the Yotes want to build around their young players but I’m not sure if they’d be currently willing to pay Keller that much for that long right now.  Chychrun right now, for example, is probably more or less what the Coyotes have in mind in terms of long term contracts.  I could be wrong here, but I think AZ might be happy to find a taker for Keller.

Why the Canucks do this:

• They get an established young asset that can help them both short term and long term
  • The Canucks will still have another offensive weapon just incase the Canucks part ways with one of Miller or Boeser in the future 
  • Keller, like Miller, can play center if need be.

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Hoglander-Horvat-Keller

Podkolzin-Dickinson-Garland

Motte-Lammiko-Bailey

OEL-Poolman

Hughes-Hamonic

Burroughs-Lyibushkin

Demko

Halak

• Wat 1

28 minutes ago, JM_ said:

interesting @Patel Bure. I think the fly in the ointment here is Myers won't waive for AZ.

But thats a pretty nice top 9.

Thanks man.  Good point about Myers.

Looking at those lines that I created, I’d try and re-arrange them in such a way so that Garland, Hoglander, and Keller would play on separate lines so that we avoid being too small on any one line.  Horvat, Miller, and Dickinson would also play on separate lines.  On the other hand, Petey and Boeser are probably softer than all three of Hoglander, Keller, and Garland and so it might be a moot point anyways.   I’ve also always liked Horvat with Boeser and so I’d probably reunite them.

Hoglander-Horvat-Boeser

Miller-Pettersson-Keller

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Another small winger at $7 million+.  No thanks.  If we are giving up our 1st round pick again then we need to get players who can fill positions of need.  A right hand 3C and a left hand D  who can kill penalties are what we need right now.

Size isn't everything!:angry:

(or so I delude myself as I look at my "stuff"  :ph34r:)

• Haha 2

As mentioned, Myers and Pearson wouldn't go for it. 

Also, if we're making the dumb decision to move a first out for a third straight year we'd be much better going after a D instead of another forward with a D thrown in. 

This move also makes us weaker on D, Myers has been fine this season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Patel, stop trading all our picks. We need those picks. Without the picks, we're in trouble. I mean really. 

Think about it in 2015 we get Boeser at 23OA. If we'd had another pick in that round, chances are it would've been a slam dunk. You make a good pick, and it's a microcosm for the rest of the team. Look at Klimovich. Oh man what a pick. I was hearing about this guy and I thought there's no way we get him but boom he falls to our pick at #41. Picking so low every year just isn't sustainable. Benning has had some big wins though. He may have not gotten a hit with Virtanen or Juolevi, but he still picked McCann and even though he didn't do to well here he's now one of Seattle's top point getters. Then there's Forsling, who plays on Florida. He picked him and then shipped him off for Clendening.

After that, there's the picks he's traded that could've done well. I'm talking about Hugo Alnefelt, Theodor Niederbach, Rasmus Asplund, Rasmus Andersson, whoever gets picked with the second we traded for next year which will probably be someone good, Seriously folks, I've just got to say no more trading picks. Lets say we finish 3rd in the Pacific, we draw Calgary in the first round, we bounce them, we move on to play a team like Vegas and lose because they have Eichel now. We wouldn't lose badly, we might even have a chance but it'd be tight. Then, we've got the a pick I'd say between 24th, and 27th. That's a good pick. What if Jack D Hughes fell to us? Nathan Gaucher? Good you imagine Elias Salomonsson? A Swedish guy filling an organizational need. I've got to tell you, but we need that pick. 

• Cheers 1

Agreed largely with what others have said (vets won't leave, we aren't a charity organization giving away firsts).
Also, I think the only moves that I'd want to make for a playoff push (if any) is re-acquire Beagle with cap retained for a 5th (re-sign him for league min), and also take a stab at Lawson Crouse (he's really coming along and already has 4 goals in 13 games which equates to around a 25 goal pace, plus he's an RFA in the offseason).  If he wants out I might want the team to try to get him out of there, since besides Miller, Bo and Podkolzin our top-9 guys aren't that big, so his physicality could be a useful element (granted with our cap space it's a luxury).  No to Keller or Lyubushkin though (I personally think our RHD is fine).

3 hours ago, Rabbit said:

The cost is too high, I would like to keep the 2022 first round pick.

Agreed.  

Personally?  At this current juncture, I'm thinking the following:

1) Fire Green and hire either Julien or Bruce Budreau

2) Bite the bullet and take a calculated risk in trading for Evander Kane.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

Agreed.  

Personally?  At this current juncture, I'm thinking the following:

1) Fire Green and hire either Julien or Bruce Budreau

2) Bite the bullet and take a calculated risk in trading for Evander Kane.

`1) Maybe fire Green and pay Mike Babcock what he wants to really turn this team around. I'm not talking about what he did in Toronto or Detroit, I'm talking about Anaheim. The composition of our team to that team, with Paul Kariya (Brock Boeser), Petr Sykora (Garland), Steve Rucchin (Horvat), Oates (Pettersson), Chistov (Podkolzin), Giguere (Demko), Niclas Havelid (Q. Hughes), Keith Carney (Poolman and Matt Cullen (Dickinson). Really similar teams and I think Babcock can grow with this group. 

2) I wouldn't touch Evander Kane with a ten foot poll 

3) If not Babcock and if we keep Green, We certainly can't make another trade, we had the busiest offseason ever. Getting rid of Travis Green is probably the only thing to jolt the team which I don't really like because getting rid of the coach is just a PR move it doesn't usually change much. Bottom line, we get a new coach and if the team gets better, that's great and if not Benning is out of the job. If we miss the playoffs this year, Benning and Green are fired, so is Weisbrod and we've got a new a brand new regime next year to take this team into a new dawn. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, morrissex95 said:

`1) Maybe fire Green and pay Mike Babcock what he wants to really turn this team around. I'm not talking about what he did in Toronto or Detroit, I'm talking about Anaheim. The composition of our team to that team, with Paul Kariya (Brock Boeser), Petr Sykora (Garland), Steve Rucchin (Horvat), Oates (Pettersson), Chistov (Podkolzin), Giguere (Demko), Niclas Havelid (Q. Hughes), Keith Carney (Poolman and Matt Cullen (Dickinson). Really similar teams and I think Babcock can grow with this group. 

2) I wouldn't touch Evander Kane with a ten foot poll 

3) If not Babcock and if we keep Green, We certainly can't make another trade, we had the busiest offseason ever. Getting rid of Travis Green is probably the only thing to jolt the team which I don't really like because getting rid of the coach is just a PR move it doesn't usually change much. Bottom line, we get a new coach and if the team gets better, that's great and if not Benning is out of the job. If we miss the playoffs this year, Benning and Green are fired, so is Weisbrod and we've got a new a brand new regime next year to take this team into a new dawn. 

I hear you with regards to Kane.  Just seems so tempting given his hockey skill set.  Even for a guy like Kane, you’d have to believe that he wouldn’t screw this up if he was given one last shot.  Similar to Tony DeAngelo in Carolina?  But can you imagine?

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Hoglander

Would be an incredible Top 9.  

As far as Babcock goes, I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable with him coaching us, and I realize that I’m saying this after having just endorsed Evander.  For coaching, I would rather go with Claude Julien or Bruce Brudreau.  

On 11/12/2021 at 4:28 AM, Patel Bure said:

I hear you with regards to Kane.  Just seems so tempting given his hockey skill set.  Even for a guy like Kane, you’d have to believe that he wouldn’t screw this up if he was given one last shot.  Similar to Tony DeAngelo in Carolina?  But can you imagine?

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Hoglander

Would be an incredible Top 9.  

As far as Babcock goes, I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable with him coaching us, and I realize that I’m saying this after having just endorsed Evander.  For coaching, I would rather go with Claude Julien or Bruce Brudreau.  

Evander Kane is going to be an anchor in the ilk of LE21 if we trade for him. Stay the course, maybe look at bringing in Max Domi at the deadline if we do well, maybe getting another forward like a center or another LHD or another RHD. We're set in goal and basically on the wing, but the center and defensive positions need more depth if we want to be a contender. On paper, this team is better than what it shows so far. 

• Cheers 1