The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Yea i was saying this all of last season as well.  Boeser is the worst skater on the club.  You cant rely on players who arent strong enough on their skates.  Weve seen petey skate a lot better.

Petey has better speed but he is so frail and loses his footing so easily. Way too easy to push off the puck. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If you think this is nothing, lol. 

Feels like it tonight

but similar in lack of decent prospects and less picks to work with. As JB went all in this season. And a stable full of underperforming vets.  Not a great base to rebuild or retool

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Feels like it tonight

but similar in lack of decent prospects and less picks to work with. As JB went all in this season. And a stable full of underperforming vets.  Not a great base to rebuild or retool

Numerous pieces with little to no trade protection, far better than what Gillis left Benning with and it is not even remotely close. 

I'm starting to wonder if that was Greens last game as coach... or at least one of the last games he coaches in Vancouver. 

There was no drive, no life , seemingly no plan. 

I don't think this is a personal problem right now. 

Coach seems to have been tuned out.

Edited by aqua59

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Babcock was never great, he’s an overrated coattail rider. And a piece of s*** to boot. 

No kidding. I'm fine with them firing Green, SOMETHING needs to happen after this. But no more Babcock (or Boucher) requests as his replacement.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No kidding. I'm fine with them firing Green, SOMETHING needs to happen after this. But no more Babcock (or Boucher) requests as his replacement.

Agreed. There are lots of better options out there. 

I would even be happy letting Shaw take over with some new assistants and then do a thorough search. 

I don’t think Benning deserves another coach hire. He had that chance last summer and tied his fate to this group. Him and Weisbrod are past their best before date too.

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yup the Canucks would need to drag Babs to the Cup not the other way around. Anyone thinking Babs can get this team to the finals let alone win is delusional af. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, combover said:

And you are? Lol. 

You want him to get the guys ready to play and be the motivator? Should he chew their food for them too. 
yeah your right he plays just like everyone else that’s on this team (well except he’s done his job as far as points faceoffs and defending. But those don’t count remember that’s what you said) 
and has been on this team doesn’t that speak to a bigger issue than the captain. 
hes one player hold them accountable how?

ok so the captain of the team doesn't motivate the guys or hold them responsible for their play? then what exactly does the captain do? just talk to the ref for explanations? is it not part of the leaderships group job to motivate the guys and get them ready for the games? well i guess horvat miller and all the guys that are putting up points are off the hook for no show in a majority of the game's first period leading to the team falling behind. if the team is coming out sluggish should he not lead by example and just throw a big hit or do anything to wake up the team? great he's winning faceoff. great he's putting up points, all those are moot when you are coming out flat majority of the game and falling behind early and losing the game at the end no? 

great player =/= great leaders

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1