The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

17 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

Beagle was incredible on the Pk.  But all some people could focus on was his lack of points.  I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

I love Beagle, but not for what he was paid. If it was a little less, then I'd be okay with it. But for 4M, it's a bit too rich for a guy who's on the fourth line and PK's. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Why did they let Maholtra go?    

My understanding was that he had an opportunity to advance his career. No organization should stand in the way of personnel wanting to do that. It's like if Weisbrod had an opportunity to be GM (God no) - The Canucks as an organization wouldn't stand in the way of allowing him to pursue that opportunity to do that. 

Plus, we didn't want to let go of King and Baumgartner over Malhotra. How stupid does that look now. 

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's time to draft some centres to improve this. Bo is pretty much the main option. Miller is better as a winger. But you can't have two players take all your draws.

Good thing this looks like a defence and centre heavy draft. 

It's probably the two areas that we're in need of strengthening and replenishing in terms of prospects and pipeline. 

Especially defensive prospects. We need a good draft year in 2022. 

56 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Dickinson has been even worse, going 2-for-11 for an 18.2% faceoff percentage on the penalty kill.

18,2% FO percentage - WTF .

Great addition , Jim .

Congrats.

Well done.

Careful some people will think your attacking him and say that he just needs more time. 

18 minutes ago, stawns said:

that aside, JD has been a solid addition

Yeah, he played awesome last game too. Sometimes you don't realize what you have until it's gone. Miller, Bo, Beagle, Sutter. It don't get much better than that. We upgraded with Garland and OEL but gave away FO%, PK, and a little grit. At least that should theoretically be easier to fix.

I've been doing some hunting looking at cheaper options who aren't young up and comers ... could be a tough find.

Beagle might be available :P

David Kampf is 20th in draws taken, 56%. $1.5m

Alex Wennberg 21st in draws taken, 47.3%. $4.5m

Teddy Blueger 30th in draws taken, 56.2%. $2.2m

Lars Eller 34th in draws taken, 51.7%. $3.5m

Sean Kuraly 63rd in draws taken, 51.2%, $2.5m

Luke Glendenning, 84th in draws taken, 50.4%, $1.5m

Cody Eakin, 97th in draws taken, 57.6%, $2.5m

Anyone we bring in would bump Dickinson (Hogs,Podz,Pearson) to the fourth line. Not the worst thing in the world but it's definitely an intricate problem. One thing I guess that should be looked at I guess is how much this deficiency is actually hurting us. What I mean is how much can you directly blame the FO% for our crap PK? It's not like we're directly drawing the puck into out net. Our basic PK just plain sucks regardless maybe. How much are we willing to part with (assets/$$), and possibly disrupt the team again?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Corsi, basically the percentage of chances for/total chances. He's 8th on the team despite only 46.3% offensive zone starts which suggests he's doing okay.

one point in 10 games

Is he the  new STONE HANDS?