The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

The pre-game call for firing Green is almost reassuring of the continuity of CDC thought. If the Vancouver FO % is less than 50% then Green has to go! If the PK kill isn’t 90% then Green has to go. If Petey doesn’t score a PP goal but Garland does Green still has to go. If Meyers coughs the puck in the Vancouver d-zone then Green has to go. No matter how you sift this Green has to go. :(

Maybe a bullseye on his back will help. 

I'd be happier with a clean sweep

this is just as much Jimmer's mess as Green's

we also need a president

and a new stick boy

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

$1.5 million and I would be all in really.  Tell Arizona to retain $1.5 million and we throw in Brad Hunt.  That should be able to close the deal.

And ohh how the CDC haters hated him last year. Hmmmm

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He was on IR at the beginning of the season.  They switched it to LTIR on October 27.  Don't think you can backdate it.  It's 10 games minimum and 24 days.

I thought you could but I'm a moron and all the IR, LTIR and cap related stuff just gives me a headache so you're probably right.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, lmm said:

I'd be happier with a clean sweep

this is just as much Jimmer's mess as Green's

we also need a president

and a new stick boy

Apparently our medical staff is hurting our players as well, fire everyone

13 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

NFW!!

Just because 'some people' think Dickie isn't good enough, does not mean we trade away our great young talents; cost-controlled as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with JD on the team.  But, losing key faceoffs on the pk is a serious problem

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

$1.5 million and I would be all in really.  Tell Arizona to retain $1.5 million and we throw in Brad Hunt.  That should be able to close the deal.

I was teasing the other poster, since that person was fine with something a little less than 4M, which his current contract clearly is. :) 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Dickinson has been even worse, going 2-for-11 for an 18.2% faceoff percentage on the penalty kill.

18,2% FO percentage - WTF .

Great addition , Jim .

Congrats.

Well done.

1 hour ago, mll said:

He only took 17 face-offs on the PK all of last season going 5 for 17 (29.4%).  

This is a perfect example of why I absolutely hate analytics sometimes. So many people picking numbers out of thin air results in dumb broad statements and incorrect assessments just about all the time. On top of that they are mostly used by people simply to downplay someone's ability and discredit them (haters).

In reality JD is 2 for 11 on PK face-offs or 18.2%. If he wins 3 of those faceoffs ... 3 measly face-offs he's at 45% and we're not even having this conversation. I find actually watching the players and games far more valuable than cutting down the GM based on a number one read in the paper the next day.

I get he hasn't done well but this is just a number without any context.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

This is a perfect example of why I absolutely hate analytics sometimes. So many people picking numbers out of thin air results in dumb broad statements and incorrect assessments just about all the time. On top of that they are mostly used by people simply to downplay someone's ability and discredit them (haters).

In reality JD is 2 for 11 on PK face-offs or 18.2%. If he wins 3 of those faceoffs ... 3 measly face-offs he's at 45% and we're not even having this conversation. I find actually watching the players and games far more valuable than cutting down the GM based on a number one read in the paper the next day.

I get he hasn't done well but this is just a number without any context.

I don't understand how that context would help JD at all. If he were to win those 3 measly faceoffs we might have 3 more wins as we get scored on every pk.

If anything this makes dicky look worse.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Motte was put on LTIR on October 27.  He's not eligible to come back until at least November 20...

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He was on IR at the beginning of the season.  They switched it to LTIR on October 27.  Don't think you can backdate it.  It's 10 games minimum and 24 days.

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I thought you could but I'm a moron and all the IR, LTIR and cap related stuff just gives me a headache so you're probably right.

You can retroactively out a player on LTIR. I'm not entirely certain of Motte's particular case, but it can be done. I imagine he was placed on LTIR retroactively because (I could be wrong here) otherwise he wouldn't be eligible to play on this road trip, and if that were the case I don't see why he would be travelling with the team.

• Thanks 1