The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I could do a better job as a GM..

Rate this topic

TheNewGM

i would could the PP coach.. its not even hard .. cross ice pass one timer.. do it more.. dont suck .

FIXED

if the pass is clogged ,.. POINT SHOT THROUGH THE DMAN .. make him hurt if he wants to block shots. or get it through ..

FIXED..

this team just plays like it hates to score.. they play like pylons and are afraid to shoot the puck

2 hours ago, TheNewGM said:

i would could the PP coach.. its not even hard .. cross ice pass one timer.. do it more.. dont suck .

FIXED

if the pass is clogged ,.. POINT SHOT THROUGH THE DMAN .. make him hurt if he wants to block shots. or get it through ..

FIXED..

this team just plays like it hates to score.. they play like pylons and are afraid to shoot the puck

The change up that caused us to score like when Miller was put in Pettersson spot worked great but then they reverted back to that stale setup that we have had since Petterson joined the team. I mean cmon, why do they like to go back to the old setup that doesnt work. The PP coach is blind

Edited by DefCon1

7 hours ago, MikeyD said:

No you couldn't. 

Even you could B)

Please enlight me on what areas the ”team” with the Canucks couldn’t do the same with or without Benning.

The scouts scouts the same players. 
Benning just agrees or disagrees with his advocers. Nothing more.. 

2 hours ago, joe-max said:

What now? Do we fire the coach, the GM or the owner? Do we tear it down, rebuild, retool or is the team good enough already to win the cup? I'm confused.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Lol. Exactly. There has never been a clear vision from this group. They have bounced from one idea to the next. We want to be this team, no we want to be this team. Now they just seem they are right back at being stuck in the middle. Which is where Benning started, being a mediocre team. There are pieces but obviously so many holes that can’t be easily fixed.

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Even you could B)

Please enlight me on what areas the ”team” with the Canucks couldn’t do the same with or without Benning.

Contract negotiations, cap management, waiver eligibility, personnel management, PR, IR management, etc. 

There's a reason why even somebody like Brian Burke says it's an extremely stressful job. It's easy enough to assume it's just like the video games but there's a lot that goes into it. Half the people on this site aren't even aware how a two way contract works and who gets it and what it even means. 

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Contract negotiations, cap management, waiver eligibility, personnel management, PR, IR management, etc. 

There's a reason why even somebody like Brian Burke says it's an extremely stressful job. It's easy enough to assume it's just like the video games but there's a lot that goes into it. Half the people on this site aren't even aware how a two way contract works and who gets it and what it even means. 

Benning has experts in every area so the GM bit is more to handle people all around and Benning has his flaws there.

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Even you could B)

Wrong... for all the faults Benning has, this is NOT one of them...