The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Save the Canucks...

Rate this topic

Junkyard Dog

13 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We suck.

What are your ideas to not suck.

Most of us already want Coaching/GM change but is more needed?

Is this team capable of turning around and become a consistent playoff team?

People won't like my idea but I say we buy low on Evander Kane.   Yes, he's a douche, but he's exactly what we need hockey wise.   

Pearson, Sutter, and Hamonic for Kane and Meloche.

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser

Miller-Horvat-Hoglander

Podkolzin-Dickinson-Garland

Moves the needle in my opinion.  

1) Replace Green with either Julien or Budreau

2) Buy low on Evander Kane.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

I don't feel like the roster is a problem. I'm more patient with staff than most fans, but I'm right on the edge of the "fire" line. I think at least one of Green, Baumer, or King are the main candidates for firing and maybe up to all three.

I'm to the point where if we lose next game, I will be looking for changes. After that, it starts to get too late to save the season.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

We need a coach that isn't afraid to call out his team and send messages in game. TG's message has gotten stale and it's clear his voice is not being taken seriously in the locker room because it seems like we have this type of games every other game. 

• Upvote 1

Coaching needs to grow some balls and send a message to our star players.  

Our PP1 often takes almost the entire 2 minutes of the power play to do nothing, without giving PP2 a chance to get on the ice.  When OEL was on PP1, he would spend 50 seconds out there and then change to allow Hughes to get on the ice, and same with Garland.  

How many times have we seen our star players overstay their shift on the ice and then half-as.sedly skate to the bench to change.  In fact that's what happened with Miller and Horvat in overtime against Anaheim.  

Elias 

Boeser 

Horvat 

Miller 

Hughes 

These guys need to be knocked down a peg and told that the team is bigger then any individual player.  Coaches should do that, one at a time, not all at once.  Elias should be sat for a game, let him party in Vegas on his birthday and take the day off.  

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Think of how bad Calgary was last season and then they hire Daryl Sutter ...... big change. Unfortunately FA didn't make a move during the summer and watched as other team made chnages they felt as needed

They brought him in mid-season last year. They won 15 of 32 games with him last year as head coach. They're buying into his system now the following season

What that tells me is that this season might wash. New coach will have to coach out the bad system/habits and teach the team to master new ones. It could be a process but a necessary one.

JB should be gone with Greener too though. Don't think he should get another opportunity at picking a coach. Need to clean house.

6 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

Every other team in the league knows what this team needs via trade , any trades we try to make we will over pay. Coaching change is only option , until trade deadline when we would get more value. Are we already looking at a lotto pick ?

I don't think that any trade will help us unless we're able to bring in a 1st line center and knock Elias and Horvat down to 2nd and 3rd lines where they fit in better.  

If our top players keep playing like this, no trade will help us.  I'd almost rather pull a Colorado from 2016 or whenever they had two horrible seasons in a row and sold off Matt Duchene and a couple of other players. 

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We suck.

What are your ideas to not suck.

Most of us already want Coaching/GM change but is more needed?

Is this team capable of turning around and become a consistent playoff team?

well, the system they play will make even great players look bad. First is to hire an NHL coach and go from there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

We need a coach that isn't afraid to call out his team and send messages in game. TG's message has gotten stale and it's clear his voice is not being taken seriously in the locker room because it seems like we have this type of games every other game. 

we need a sutter type of coach. Is there one available put there? The closest is Brent Sutter 

• Cheers 1