The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eric Staal talking to 3-4 teams, could sign after US Thanksgiving week, league minimum $

3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

That said....there are way way way way way nicer places. Especially if you have money. 

That's pretty subjective though. Everyone has their own preferences for what they're looking for. For example lots of people would love to retire in Florida or Arizona, but anywhere hot like that sounds like hell to me.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

We're Canadian, easily drops us outta the running. He actively chooses to live in Minnesota. Which is clearly a sign that he has strong ties to home despite it being akin to a piece of bread. Kinda bland but has it's merits. Would be nice to have him though, even as a leftie. Oh well. Sheahan is floating out there free for the taking.

On 11/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, Goal:thecup said:

Interesting thanks.

I would think we would be one of those 3 or 4 teams depending on expectations for Sutter's return.

Of course we'd be interested ... i definitely was this off season.   Thing is Staal will go to a contender - which we most certainly are not, for the league min.  For us it would have to be about the money ... maybe he'd come here for 4 million lol...if we could find it. 

There is virtually 0% he wants to sign here. He is hoping for one last run at the cup. As of now, I think there is a really good chance he signs with the Hurricanes again. His brother Jordan is there and they are an absolute machine thus far. It would be fitting for him to return to Carolina on a 1 year deal to try and win another cup with them.

• Upvote 1

On 11/12/2021 at 6:09 AM, Goal:thecup said:

Interesting thanks.

I would think we would be one of those 3 or 4 teams depending on expectations for Sutter's return.

I hope so, after Dickenson bombing out with terrible defensive plays and terrible faceoff. Dont see sutter return either. Get Stall and waive Lamikho

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

How would you know? He has a ring. He's not cup chasing. He is just bored with retirement. Hed come here for leadership and would probably take it as a challenge to get us back on track 

Neither of us would know, but good chance, he ain't coming: what is JB, going to tell him about the Canucks to convince him to come ?   If he comes, then the Canucks, overplayed - imo; but who really knows.