The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Nicolas Aube-Kubel

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

If the job is skate fast, put yourself out of position, drive by instead of hitting, and providing next to nothing offensively, Highmore is definitely your guy!

Well... Give our boy a chance... He plays his a$$ off every shift!!  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Playing your ass off doing the wrong things still means you are not a great hockey player.

OK...are you positive Kubel is a real upgrade over Highmore, can do more than Comeau?? If so, do it JB!! 

Edited by RakuRaku

1 minute ago, RakuRaku said:

OK...are you positive Kubel is a real upgrade over Highmore, can do more than Comeau?? If so, do it JB!! 

Based on the brief research I have done on this guy he sounds like an upgrade.

He is speedy and tenacious on the forecheck.

He once injured TJ Oshie and Tom Wilson on the same shift.

He headshoted Rasmus Dahlin in the past.

He got fined for kneeing a guy just 2 weeks ago.

He is a an abrasive little frenchy.

Not afraid to mix it up could get a guy like Marshsrasult off his game if he can chirp him in French in Vegas and run their d.

Do the Canucks have the cap space to claim him though?

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Not afraid to mix it up could get a guy like Marshsrasult off his game if he can chirp him in French in Vegas and run their d.

OK!!  Taking out Tom Wilson alone has won me over... But pls don't stick out your knee! Not cool!! He's making $1M so we should be able to fit him. 

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

OK!!  Taking out Tom Wilson alone has won me over... But pls don't stick out your knee! Not cool!! He's making $1M so we should be able to fit him. 

My concern would be he can't stay out of the box so he is really not a fit with a team like the Canucks with a terrible pk. Unless the object is to tank the pk and lose games.

Benning would only claim him if he wanted to piss off Green more and wanted to end up getting him fired... :lol:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

My concern would be he can't stay out of the box so he is really not a fit with a team like the Canucks with a terrible pk. Unless the object is to tank the pk and lose games.

Benning would only claim him if he wanted to piss off Green more and wanted to end up getting him fired... :lol:

Ya... On second thought, why bother right?? JB took a pass on Comeau who's bigger and can probably score more goals than Chiasson, Bailey and Kubel combined....  So he's probably waiting to see if he's gonna be buyer or seller by X'mas time!! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Ya... On second thought, why bother right?? JB took a pass on Comeau who's bigger and can probably score more goals than Chiasson, Bailey and Kubel combined....  So he's probably waiting to see if he's gonna be buyer or seller by X'mas time!! 

Either he slips though unclaimed or a team like Montreal (Frenchie connection) or Seattle maybe would be my gut feel if anything.

Definitely not holding my breath with this management team...

I really like Aube-Kubel. He was one of the few bright spots for the Flyers last year. Interesting though that it looks like Zach MacEwen took his spot.

I'd be in favor of claiming him. This year he's been given 65% Dzone starts (highest of career), and has a 93.3 PDO, so it looks like he's been unlucky.

17 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

that sounds good to me. We've seen good players get into Bam Bam's doghouse before, so maybe this is worth it.

We need more sandpaper, and Bailey isn't worth losing sleep over to make a spot for this kid.