The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tucker Poolman suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

No Hamonic or Poolman now for the rest of this road trip. Luke Schenn still out with injury. 

We will see 3 of Hunt, Burroughs, Rathbone or Bowey play the next 2 games. 

Could be rough.

watch them pull it together and rattle off a couple wins with a depleted blue line.........nevermind haha

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

No Hamonic or Poolman now for the rest of this road trip. Luke Schenn still out with injury. 

We will see 3 of Hunt, Burroughs, Rathbone or Bowey play the next 2 games. 

Could be rough.

True enough but still no excuse for Green if the team stinks things up again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Won't matter, Hughes doesn't PK

One of em will see PK duty 

what I'm more concerned with is Green running Hughes into the ground and injuring him. I bet one of those games Hughes gets very close to 30 minutes.

Am I the only one thinking two games is too much? Stupid play, yes. But he already served a 5 minute major and missed a good portion of the game when the ‘victim’ kept playing. Since when does intent rather than injury equate into NHL’s decisions on these things? And honestly, I think intent wasn’t there - it looked like sloppy control of stick, and yes, you’re responsible for your strict. 
I honestly thought one game max, but more likely a fine. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Am I the only one thinking two games is too much? Stupid play, yes. But he already served a 5 minute major and missed a good portion of the game when the ‘victim’ kept playing. Since when does intent rather than injury equate into NHL’s decisions on these things? And honestly, I think intent wasn’t there - it looked like sloppy control of stick, and yes, you’re responsible for your strict. 
I honestly thought one game max, but more likely a fine. 

Kinda feel the same way. Though I could also see 2 games being "acceptable", that's assuming more "flagrant intents" to critically injury we have seen lately from Wilson and Reaves receive 6+ games. Both are repeat offenders that get the white glove treatment for situations no different than Bertuzzi minus the serious outcome.

Edited by BC_Hawk