The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Tucker Poolman suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Am I the only one thinking two games is too much? Stupid play, yes. But he already served a 5 minute major and missed a good portion of the game when the ‘victim’ kept playing. Since when does intent rather than injury equate into NHL’s decisions on these things? And honestly, I think intent wasn’t there - it looked like sloppy control of stick, and yes, you’re responsible for your strict. 
I honestly thought one game max, but more likely a fine. 

Yeah it's kind of a nothing play for me honestly. It started to LOOK far worse than it actually ended up being. Poolman wanted to McSorley him, but he let up the second after he thought about doing it. 2 games seems like the max he could of got in my opinion. Guy wasn't even harmed / injured. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, Slegr said:

Am I the only one thinking two games is too much? Stupid play, yes. But he already served a 5 minute major and missed a good portion of the game when the ‘victim’ kept playing. Since when does intent rather than injury equate into NHL’s decisions on these things? And honestly, I think intent wasn’t there - it looked like sloppy control of stick, and yes, you’re responsible for your strict. 
I honestly thought one game max, but more likely a fine. 

I'm thinking that Poolman was a little choked that he was checked late and with a stick near his face.  His action was worse but he's the one with the major and the 2 games.  The suspension is a little rich imo

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It’s a crap call.  ( suspension).

first off the commentary need not say anything about the score “ 6-1” has nothing to do with it..

If the NHL wants to break it down frame by frame,  they will see Sherwood came at Poolman with the high stick in the intitial contact..

Poolman fights through it,

Sherwood drops like an apple on the tap of the helmet.

• Cheers 3

I am fine with hitting him hard on a suspension on intent alone. It was a dumb play. Intent should matter. Just cause he didn't seriously injure someone doesn't take away he could have and he clearly wanted to. Poolboy has been pretty meh anyway. Maybe some time to sit and think about the chlorine will help.

• Haha 1

The 5 mins,  and a warning would have been sufficient..

almost equally though Sherwood should have been given a warning for his high stick in the initial contact.  There is no way you take the body with your stick high in the air and placing it across someone’s jaw line.

No wonder Poolman was pissed.

• Cheers 1