The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIRE Jim Benning & Travis Green Thread

Rate this topic

Sanford

24 minutes ago, Sanford said:

If this ownership group won't do anything, then I want to do something as a fan.  I want to make this thread so in the small chance that the owner or someone with any kind of power in the Canuck Ownership group can see that we have had it.

I am tired of this mediocracy, I am tired of wasting 8 years, I am tired of drinking the Benning Kool-Aid.  We are one of the worst run teams in the league.  We have one of the worse losing records in the past 8 years.  There is just no sense of urgency with this team and the culture of mediocracy is allowed to persist.  We can't even play 60 minutes every night.  

FIRE JIM BENNING

FIRE TRAVIS GREEN

Get a new management here and new coach that can bring this team back to that winning culture.  Enough is enough!

We need another???

• Cheers 3

Benning should have been gone a long time ago. His level of incompetence is staggering and idk how people still support that clown. Probably the worst GM in Canucks history.

Im starting to think Benning has some dirty on Aqua because there’s no way someone so bad at their job could stick around for so long

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve supported Green and Benning for years and defended both of them on this board and in real life. But enough is enough, this is some of the worst hockey I’ve ever watched as a Canucks fan (I’ve been a fan for 17 years). Maybe Green is a good coach but he’s clearly not good for this team, they’re broken right now. And allowing another 7 goals tonight after that loss to Colorado was devastating for the team. I don’t know how they can salvage the season after this without making big changes. This must be incredibly hard to come back from mentally and I fully expect them to lose to a very hot Anaheim team tomorrow.  

• Cheers 2

Even if we get a decent coach we’re going nowhere with the current defensive core. We’ll have regular season success and get slaughtered in the playoffs by well built teams for years to come. Benning needs to go, he forced the team into a competing window that wasn’t necessary.

Currently, a retool of this roster is necessary if we want to salvage having a Cup contender with this core. Winning the Cup with the current team makeup is impossible with the cap restraints and Myers and OEL making what they are.

I hate to say it folks, but enjoy Petey before he leaves at the end of this contract. We are not going to be a good enough team to retain him. He wants to win, he has Kesler’s fire and he deserves to be with a competent franchise.

• Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1

They must go (ideally both AND the owner if he can't stop meddling like an assistant GM). Desire and roadmap to win starts at the top (NO shortcuts)... having an actual President of Hockey Operations (not named Aquilini) would be fantastic to restart this process in year 9.<_<

Edited by BureBurrito

12 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Even if we get a decent coach we’re going nowhere with the current defensive core. We’ll have regular season success and get slaughtered in the playoffs by well built teams for years to come. Benning needs to go, he forced the team into a competing window that wasn’t necessary.

Currently, a retool of this roster is necessary if we want to salvage having a Cup contender with this core. Winning the Cup with the current team makeup is impossible with the cap restraints and Myers and OEL making what they are.

I hate to say it folks, but enjoy Petey before he leaves at the end of this contract. We are not going to be a good enough team to retain him. He wants to win, he has Kesler’s fire and he deserves to be with a competent franchise.

Wasn't he benched today against Vegas or was that him regulated to playing with Dickenson and Chiasson? I couldn't tell. 

I can see Green fired during or at the end of the road trip.

I don't see both getting fired. But anything is possible. 

I'm pretty sure unless the team goes on a tear that we've never seen before. 

And wins the Stanley Cup. Benning is probably gone at the end of the season too. 

The thing is, there's no real clear cut replacements that seem to stand out. 

Especially for GM. 

My biggest fear is Aqua fires Benning then puts Weisbrod as interm GM, instead of Chris Gear.