The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why has Aqua-Lini abandoned the entire fan base of BC by allowing endless Failure & Misery ?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

Why has Aqua-Lini abandoned the entire fan base of British Columbia by allowing endless failure & Misery to endure after almost a full decade?   It's pretty obvious now to anyone, that this collection of players are incompatible, ill-suited, poorly coached and just plain not interested - or not skilled enough - to play for keeps.  

It's pretty well unanimous now amongst most "Normal" Canucks fans in poll after poll, that GREEN IS COMPLETELY FINISHED (get him outta here!) and it's Uncle Jim's second coaching failure.  So under no circumstance should he be allowed to get a third shot, as he has proven his inability to acquire proper - experienced NHL coaching staff over the last decade and went so far to resign green this past off-season when it's been clear for the past few years that Green was not capable.

So it's time for Aqua-LinI to step out from shadows and DO WHAT MUST BE DONE and FIRE BENNING & GREEN IMMEDIATELY otherwise this season will be lost again shortly and you'll drive away what remaining Canucks fans there are.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH  - DO SOMETHING - YOUR IN CHARGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

I agree with you that Aqualini doesn't seem to care about what his fan base thinks.  Regarding Benning and Green, sure fire them, but it's not going to make much of a difference.  There is something rotten with this group of players.  Whether you let JB sort that out or someone new, a big chunk of this team needs to be torn off and traded away.  I have no idea who the cancer is in the room, but based on how they are playing and their percieved give-a-$&!# meter I want to see all of: Petey, Boeser and Miller gone.  I want the C taken away from Horvat and given to OEL.  This season is already wasted, so I don't care what the return is for those players.  We are going to be bad regardless.  I just want to see a team that plays for each other.  A team I can get behind and love again.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I think Aquilini is cheaping out as much as possible and is just trying to squeeze every dollar he can out of the franchise while praying that there's some sort of miracle turnaround that makes everything better. The cheaping out on head coaches and shrinking of our head office are clear signs of that.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

it's Uncle Jim's second coaching failure.  So under no circumstance should he be allowed to get a third shot, as he has proven his inability to acquire proper - experienced NHL coaching staff over the last decade and went so far to resign green this past off-season when it's been clear for the past few years that Green was not capable.

Why not? Green is his second coach since 2014, in the same span the Florida Panthers went through 5 different coaches, same with the Oilers and Flames.

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

So it's time for Aqua-LinI to step out from shadows and DO WHAT MUST BE DONE and FIRE BENNING & GREEN IMMEDIATELY otherwise this season will be lost again shortly and you'll drive away what remaining Canucks fans there are.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH  - DO SOMETHING - YOUR IN CHARGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do something? Sounds like a sound plan for long term success. You are aware that firing the GM bears the risk of another teardown, which will only prolong your suffering? I'm not saying no change is needed, but hysteria is not the answer.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, joe-max said:

Why not? Green is his second coach since 2014, in the same span the Florida Panthers went through 5 different coaches, same with the Oilers and Flames.

Do something? Sounds like a sound plan for long term success. You are aware that firing the GM bears the risk of another teardown, which will only prolong your suffering? I'm not saying no change is needed, but hysteria is not the answer.

How many GMs did Florida and edm.  and Calgary have how are they doing NOW.

huh.

it’s not hysteria 

being afraid that a gm would tear down something that isn’t and hasn’t worked isn’t a bad thing.

the core will still remain they are young and talented and any new gm would build around that it’s the terrible support  coaching that’ll be gone. and the acceptance of being a failure that JB has in his “ winning environment” 

You worry about long term success when. A guy that’s been here for 8 seasons has yet to generate ANY success. 

Teams move on Burke put together a team nonis added but was clearly over his head Gillis added to that and we had a great team for years. 

JBs team 

JBs coach

jb needs to be responsible and a message to fans and players that excuses for failure us no longer accepted. 

Or wait till 18000 fans are chanting FIRE BENNING  because that isn’t embarrassing to an owner. 

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, combover said:

How many GMs did Florida and edm.  and Calgary have how are they doing NOW.

huh.

it’s not hysteria 

being afraid that a gm would tear down something that isn’t and hasn’t worked isn’t a bad thing.

the core will still remain they are young and talented and any new gm would build around that it’s the terrible support  coaching that’ll be gone. and the acceptance of being a failure that JB has in his “ winning environment” 

You worry about long term success when. A guy that’s been here for 8 seasons has yet to generate ANY success. 

Teams move on Burke put together a team nonis added but was clearly over his head Gillis added to that and we had a great team for years. 

JBs team 

JBs coach

jb needs to be responsible and a message to fans and players that excuses for failure us no longer accepted. 

Or wait till 18000 fans are chanting FIRE BENNING  because that isn’t embarrassing to an owner. 

If I get tickets to an upcoming home game and they lay another turd (highly likely)

I'm starting the chant.

FIRE BENNING FIRE GREEN *clap clap clapclapclap* repeat 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I think Aquilini is cheaping out as much as possible and is just trying to squeeze every dollar he can out of the franchise while praying that there's some sort of miracle turnaround that makes everything better. The cheaping out on head coaches and shrinking of our head office are clear signs of that.

I don’t think he is “cheaping out”. This is about ownership pride as well in how much FA has publicly supported JB and the good relationship they have had over the years.

This is not about being cheap. They always pay to the max dollar on the cap and don’t mind doing the buyouts. The natural order for changes are always the coach. Then the GM. The pressure here is on the GM to do something or he is guaranteed to lose his job by the end of this season (or sooner, depending on FA’s breaking point).

One thing you could never call our owners is cheap. They love this team and want to win. 

If Aquilini does anything, it'll be on Monday cuz Canucks have a game tonight against ANA.

Probably just to get the road trip over.  And then allow them some time to get someone in before the game on Wednesday against COL.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I don’t think he is “cheaping out”. This is about ownership pride as well in how much FA has publicly supported JB and the good relationship they have had over the years.

This is not about being cheap. They always pay to the max dollar on the cap and don’t mind doing the buyouts. The natural order for changes are always the coach. Then the GM. The pressure here is on the GM to do something or he is guaranteed to lose his job by the end of this season (or sooner, depending on FA’s breaking point).

One thing you could never call our owners is cheap. They love this team and want to win. 

No report was Aqua is one of the handful of owners that is concerned with the balloning pay of coaches, gm, and front office staff and is doing his part in trying to reverse that trend by cheaping out on front office and coaching as much as possible.