The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(POLL) When / should Green be Fired ?

Rate this topic

RU SERIOUS

When / should Green be Fired ?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know there's people on here that I disagree with and they with me but the commonality is frustration to this very poor and disappointing threat.

It's not one glaring thing here. Lots of legitimate points are being brought up but the bottom line it's up to Aqualini.

It's his money this was his risk in the end. JB at some point has taken ore than one trip to the Aquamans office and sold him a bill of goods. I'm sure part of this is Aquamans plan too but the bottom line is Jimbo selling Aquaman on as Jim calls is  "stuff".

For us old time fans we've seen this before too many times but why panic that never helps. Fire this guy and that without a plan moving forward. Aquaman knows it'll be a teardown if a new GM takes over. 

I'm trying to look at things from his perspective because the buck stops with him. He is on this road trip too. 

No pressure. 

This team is playing very poor defense. 

3 minutes ago, Vinny in Vancouver said:

Apparently so many people are pissed off about Bo not standing up for Podkolzin: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OPa9jAA2Y . It brought back memories of Matheson's mugging of Petey and Bo (and the rest of the Canucks) not doing anything at the time. Me personally, I'd like to hear Bo's take on it - maybe he was so focused on not going offsides that he didn't see the actual hit - after all, Podz stood up very quickly.

OEL jumped in pretty fast, not sure this should be a Bo rant as much as thanks for OEL's reaction.

But the fan base gets like a hen house when things so sideways, people look for someone to peck on. Bo's a good guy, he's not the problem.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Tonight was my final straw that broke the camel's back. I'll never chant or parade around for a guy to be fired, but I do think we need a change right now. Maybe firing an assistant is enough, but it may be that Green himself needs to go. Either way, we can't just accept the status quo as it is and expect things to become good enough for a playoff run.

You might as well join our parade. It may be a long time until you get to join any other parade with this organization in Vancouver. 

• Haha 1

Was willing to see how he'd done with qualified assistants, but instead he chose to keep Baumer and replaced Brown with King.  At this point, it's painfully obvious that Green simply doesn't belong in the NHL and is in over his head.  He should have been fired on the spot after training camp, instead of Benning getting rid of the actual NHLers in favour of the AHL trash favoured by the incompetent coach.

I'll be voluntarily missing tonight's game in favour of the NFL, and will continue to do so until Green is replaced with someone fit to coach at the NHL level.  It's the least I can do to help get these baboons fired.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

thats just such a dumb take on whats wrong with the team imo. Bo isn't the problem.

Disagree,  Bo is indeed part of the problem. Unless Green has instructed Bo not to lead by example, not to play with emotion, not to play physical or with any grit whatsoever, not to try to inspire teammates.

If this isn't the case, then Bo is a big part of the problem. He may be a good leader off the ice, charity and what not.. but on the ice he is showing a real lack of leadership.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Disagree,  Bo is indeed part of the problem. Unless Green has instructed Bo not to lead by example, not to play with emotion, not to play physical or with any grit whatsoever, not to try to inspire teammates.

If this isn't the case, then Bo is a big part of the problem. He may be a good leader off the ice, charity and what not.. but on the ice he is showing a real lack of leadership.

not sure what games you're watching, I don't see what you seen to be

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I do not agree. Bo always shows up when the team is struggling. I think he is a great Captain. I don’t think there is another player on this team could fill his shoes.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

OEL jumped in pretty fast, not sure this should be a Bo rant as much as thanks for OEL's reaction.

But the fan base gets like a hen house when things so sideways, people look for someone to peck on. Bo's a good guy, he's not the problem.

Bo being "a good guy" IS THE PROBLEM!!! Love them as players but Nazzy and Hank should never have been Captains either, our last true Captain was Linden. You know the guy that was "Let go"? 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Bo being "a good guy" IS THE PROBLEM!!! Love them as players but Nazzy and Hank should never have been Captains either, our last true Captain was Linden. You know the guy that was "Let go"? 

Linden was a great player, not so good exec. Happens.

18 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I do not agree. Bo always shows up when the team is struggling. I think he is a great Captain. I don’t think there is another player on this team could fill his shoes.

Actually we were blown out last game so we needed a good start last night. Who scores? Miller. Bo? nada. He didn't even stick up for his rookie, sad. Not what I would expect from our Captain. Podz probably thought the same thing too.

41 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

A championship organization enlists players to play their role, and play their role well. This is where JB and Green have failed miserably. Bo does what he does very well, excellent in fact. We lack other players to fill other roles, and a coach to deploy the players properly and in positions to succeed in these roles. I will say though that Bo has been off last little bit and I suspect he has a major issue with something. Something we aren't privy to, but something. 

Edited by rekker

38 minutes ago, JM_ said:

not sure what games you're watching, I don't see what you seen to be

Gotta say, I agree with him.  
Bo is one of the most uninspiring captains I’ve seen in a while. 
When was the last time you saw Bo lay someone out?

When was the last time he took his 220lbs frame and throw someone to the ground for a cheap shot or hitting a rookie?  
Give me a Linden or Iggy right now.  

Bo is not the problem, but he isn’t being a big enough part of the solution. 
It’s his team playing like uninspired ass. 
He should be taking a huge amount of this criticism with Green, or going above and beyond to lead his team out of this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1