The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

22 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm a little terrified of the rumblings out there of trading players (like JT).  You fix the management at this point and see if the players can perform under the direction of new ideas and voices.  (I guess I do have something left to say).  Be careful what you wish for.

The flip side is...I remember these dark days too:

I think what did Pat Quinn in was loyalty (he was too loyal in keeping Lee around).  I seem to remember he was considering replacing him behind the bench but when the media made a huge issue of Lee as coach/saying he should to be fired....Quinn got stubborn & kept him on).  

Tywin Lannister:  "What killed him (Ned Stark)"

Arya Stark:  "Loyalty"

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

It's another tequila sunrise...blurry and wet.

20 hours between end of the NHL Refs in Vegas Fixing Show and the start of duck hunting season.

Rinse and repeat, we showed we could do it, just gotta ignore puck luck and the refs.

Thought the boys stood up to Vegas well for the most part and surprised them a bit at first.

Get back to that, and blast these smoggy ducks out of their swamp.

Get after them!  Getzlaf is a great player but comfortable in his status and quick to anger when triggered.

Old guys gotta teach the kids dirty tricks; sneaky elbows (eh Bo?), my favorite: butt ends - just leave a little extra out the back, look for soft spots - little ribs, kidneys, leave the head and neck alone and stay out of the box, no lazy trips, hooks, or high sticks.

Don't get plastered; make sure they eat a bit of lumber on the way in.

Don't retaliate, get even.

And, always, always defend your mates.

** hmm **

Jeez the wagon is light today.

Come on!  Let's go!

It ain't over til its over.

Shake that doom and gloom; put on your rose-coloured glasses.

Go Hoagie Go!

Go Bo Go!

Millsy, Gar, Quinn, OEL, Petey with multiple point games.

Etc.  I mean really, do you wanna be an Eeyore:

Pin by Wanda McKinney on My Love Eeyore | Eeyore quotes, Eeyore pictures,  Eeyore

Or do  you want to be a rabid, duck-hunting Nux Fan?

Tips for Picking your Next Hunting Dog

(Caught this bird in Anaheim wearing a Nux Jersey!  Dead duck.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think what did Pat Quinn in was loyalty (he was too loyal in keeping Lee around).  I seem to remember he was considering replacing him behind the bench but when the media made a huge issue of Lee as coach/saying he should to be fired....Quinn got stubborn & kept him on).  

Tywin Lannister:  "What killed him (Ned Stark)"

Arya Stark:  "Loyalty"

Whoever fired Pat Quinn does not know hockey.

This is going to be a long night. Great goalie vs team that has trouble scoring.

Although, the way it has been going for the Canucks, since Gibson is great they'll probably  chase him from the game, saving Green's job for the next 2 months and duecing the season in the process.

5-1 win for Canucks 

This season is sequenced well...  

If we lose to Anaheim, then the table is set for a coaching change.  

If we beat Anaheim, then the table is set for the next important game with the first blowout to Colorado as context: we get to play Colorado at home with Hamonic and Poolman back. 

6 minutes ago, PLOGUE said:

This is going to be a long night. Great goalie vs team that has trouble scoring.

Although, the way it has been going for the Canucks, since Gibson is great they'll probably  chase him from the game, saving Green's job for the next 2 months and duecing the season in the process.

5-1 win for Canucks 

Fans know how it works by now. They have seen this story before. Win one, lose three. The one win seems to be way more important for some reason than the mounting losses. Aquilini just wants to prove he is right and everyone is wrong that’s why he won’t change things. Also he loves money more than winning. I am not being fooled by anything  they decide to do. One game where they play decent every five games is pitiful yet they will cling to it. Prolonging the the pain and suffering the organization has to go through to make things right.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 3

40 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm a little terrified of the rumblings out there of trading players (like JT).  You fix the management at this point and see if the players can perform under the direction of new ideas and voices.  (I guess I do have something left to say).  Be careful what you wish for.

The flip side is...I remember these dark days too:

Well, the good news is Miller would fetch a good return regardless of the team's struggles. He's our points leader . Don't think of it in terms of losing JT, but who would be on the ice for us instead.  Would likely be another game breaker . 

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Well, the good news is Miller would fetch a good return regardless of the team's struggles. He's our points leader . Don't think of it in terms of losing JT, but who would be on the ice for us instead.  Would likely be another game breaker . 

They trade Miller and I'm giving the Canucks a time out for the rest of the season. Worst idea.

I wonder what I would do with all my time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Excacty. Maybe a young, real good dman. With Hogs, Pods, Garland, and maybe Klimovich someday, there is depth in the top six. Our D, not so much. 

I don’t know even if the Canucks thump the ducks 10–1 it would really change anything for the fans

i think the fans have unanimously decided this isn’t working, hasn’t worked and time for a change 

only winning 8 games in a row would fix anything and that seems impossible right now 

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1