The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, whcanuck said:

I live in Pittsburgh so I’d probably get behind the Pens. I’m a Canucks fan, but living in western PA you kind of take an interest in the local team. Their history is so rich with success and achievement, very different from the Canucks. Some world class superstars like Mario, Jagr, Crosby & Malkin don’t hurt either!

Pittsburgh is smelly old socks city.  Sorry you are there.  Vancouver is a great city.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Well, the good news is Miller would fetch a good return regardless of the team's struggles. He's our points leader . Don't think of it in terms of losing JT, but who would be on the ice for us instead.  Would likely be another game breaker . 

At this rate, it’s likely a matter of time before JT requests a trade. I don’t blame him either.  He is an identity player on a team that can’t decide what they are or how they play.

I don’t believe there is any good news in trading Miller. The game breaker you describe we’d fetch in return would likely emerge 2-3 years post trade. JT’s contract is up soon too. If you’re trading JT it’s for youth, which means another sustained rebuild.

Bad idea for both fans and FA’s pocketbook. 

If replacing Green and Benning(?) aren’t enough, then - and hate to say it - but trade a young piece like Boeser and bring in young, quality F and D players/depth with the potential of one of them to become something greater. 

if this young core is too comfortable with the on ice product production and the atmosphere in the room, then they need a wake up call as well. Only way to do that is to break up the culture as well.

For now, I think this all changes (and hopefully for the long term) by replacing Green and certain associates with a coaching staff that demands more from its players and also presents an approach to play that benefits the existing skill sets, rather than dilutes them.  

That said, after the coaching changes, If guys like EP and BB are too soft to handle direct criticism, then they need to go, imho. 

QH is the only one in that young core who truly tries to play both sides of the ice with some visible urgency and responsibility. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

But why, Miller is one of our best players this year…. You would litterly be trading Miller for another Miller not making any progress anywhere! 

we would be here in this exact same spot as the new player would be sucked down the rabbit hole! Miller is not the problem 

Hellooooo Petey???

our best players need to wake up and smell the bacon and I believe it won’t take much, a complete coaching change top to bottom to put a new twist on things 

you'd only do it for a home-run hockey move like for a legit #1RHD RFA, something in that range. Which happens about once every 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

But why, Miller is one of our best players this year…. You would litterly be trading Miller for another Miller not making any progress anywhere

we would be here in this exact same spot as the new player would be sucked down the rabbit hole! Miller is not the problem 

Hellooooo Petey???

our best players need to wake up and smell the bacon and I believe it won’t take much, a complete coaching change top to bottom to put a new twist on things 

You would be making progress on the toxic environment in the locker room if Hirsch is actually right, and the rumors are correct about Miller being the issue. 

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Miller is perhaps the only player, right now that other teams would want; other than Demko or Hogs.

Which speaks volumes and should come with a big "no, can't have this guy".   

Other teams always want to pluck the best players if possible...doesn't mean you let them.  Seems like a bad strategy to me.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Do you forget what GM, what coach, what the team did in the Bubble Playoffs?

Do you forget knocking out the defending Stanley Cup Champians (spelling courtesy of 'The Rat's Nose)?

Do you forget the feeling that it was all coming together?

Look what happened when Those Seattle Idiots fired Quinn.

Gave us (spit, spit) Rusty Iron Mike Keenan, Messier, etc?

What a bunch of losers you Fire Everybody folks are.

Go Canucks Go!

Alf is with you 100%.  Lots of Trolls out.  

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

You would be making progress on the toxic environment in the locker room if Hirsch is actually right, and the rumors are correct about Miller being the issue. 

If rumours are true.

But we have nothing to base them on, except media types who like to keep talking and producing  "stories" of interest.   Don't believe all that they're selling.

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Can you post a link to this?

Corky is saying JT is a cancer?

No I believe he said the issue is likely the room.  And people assume it's that moody guy.  

IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR THOSE NEW TO THIS:  A room isn't pleasant when a team's losing....don't overlook that part folks.  All rooms will have some frustration and venting during the skids.  Corey alludes to some alpha issues...I prefer that to silence and complacency.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Which speaks volumes and should come with a big "no, can't have this guy".   

Other teams always want to pluck the best players if possible...doesn't mean you let them.  Seems like a bad strategy to me.

Perhaps, but if people think this debacle is just on coaching, they are in for a big surprise when Green gets sacked.

Change is needed, and the coach is not enough change.

Just now, -DLC- said:

If rumours are true.

But we have nothing to base them on, except media types who like to keep talking and producing  "stories" of interest.   Don't believe all that they're selling.

Management and the organization would know. I don't think Jim has the gumption to remove JT tho as he's best his best trade acquisition.  

If he is the problem you rip it out root and stem.

Green just can’t continue. This is exactly when Coaches are given their walking papers. Im with everyone who’s saying Greens lost the room. Seriously whats Green going to do as a Coach to help this team. Just the same, same and bag skate.

The Players need a New Coach that actually coaches a system and have them Play as a team.

Just Green being away from them probably would help more. It would dramatically change the room.

im leaning towards the old Boston coach , fat face. But im open to others,but Im not excepting BabDick as a coach here. I’ll protest day 1 to fire that a-hole.

Larionov and his Assistant Coach yes plz.

CA74FFBC-8E78-40F1-A914-E6C95885326D.jpeg

46F1F82F-9659-48D2-B63A-D8BE90CF8579.jpeg

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Am I falling behind on my rumours? I thought the rumor was a divide in the locker room, now the rumor is Miller is the issue? Someone please catch me up.

• Haha 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

If rumours are true.

Quinn Hughes is so sick with Covid he’s on an IV.  You mean this kind of quality reporting? 

Our team will be fine.  Miller, Bo, and the boys need a bench clearing brawl.  Let’s dance!  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

If rumours are true.

I'm just saying that a guy like Hirsch would not say that on a live broadcast if it was just rumors.  He's a professional.  You don't Makena statement like that live until you have pretty solid information.  

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

No I believe he said the issue is likely the room.  And people assume it's that moody guy.  

A room isn't pleasant when a team's losing....don't overlook that part folks.  All rooms will have some frustration and venting during the skids.

People just talking out their ass. Last year the issue was Schmidt and he seems to be doing ok in Winnipeg.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2