The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

No I believe he said the issue is likely the room.  And people assume it's that moody guy.  

A room isn't pleasant when a team's losing....don't overlook that part folks.  All rooms will have some frustration and venting during the skids.

Thanks,

If JT was being a dick and not leading the team in a lot of important areas, I would understand some grumbling...

But maybe some of the wussies in the room can bite down on their mouth pieces and get to work, follow that mans example.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Am I falling behind on my rumours? I thought the rumor was a divide in the locker room, now the rumor is Miller is the issue? Someone please catch me up.

The rumor started when Hirsch stated there is a couple players that need to be traded because they are causing issues in the locker room. No professional broadcaster is going to say that lightly 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Whoever fired Pat Quinn does not know hockey.

Pat Quinn was a good coach.  But, he screwed up two times, huge!

You don't call the Great One in the middle of the night when he already said he will sign with the Canucks in the morning.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wayne-gretzky-vancouver-canucks-new-york-rangers-toronto-maple-leafs-pat-quinn/

Canucks were too cheap to pay the $50,000 to get Bure here after he landed in LA.  Bure paid it himself.  He was suppose to be fully paid during the lockout season.  No said the Canucks.  

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-at-50-bures-bitter-breakaway-from-vancouver-netted-blue-chip-talent-in-deal

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

Corey keeps mentioning "You know who I think is the issue" yet never says who he is talking about.

So frustrated players venting in the room are an issue?

I believe it's just part of losing.  Corey should really understand that part.

Besides, Hirsch has been trying to sell his narrative for awhile now and clearly isn't Miller's biggest fan.  This is from May:

Corey Hirsch: I would trade JT Miller in a heartbeat. You don’t win with guys like that

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks,

If JT was being a dick and not leading the team in a lot of important areas, I would understand some grumbling...

But maybe some of the wussies in the room can bite down on their mouth pieces and get to work, follow that mans example.

What if JT is being a dick AND leading the team in points?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Can you post a link to this?

Corky is saying JT is a cancer?

It was an assumption from a commentator that usually talks too much, and fans are grasping at straws for anything to find a solution to the problem 

you can say absolutely anything right now and it will spread like wildfire as it helps everyone feel better. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

The rumor started when Hirsch stated there is a couple players that need to be traded because they are causing issues in the locker room. No professional broadcaster is going to say that lightly 

A couple players?

So Miller and who?

Maybe some of the guys finding it hard to put in the work should be shuffled 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks,

Just now, cuporbust said:

It's nothing more than speculation at this point but Hirsch's comments did get me thinking. From what we can tell (watching on TV, Canucks social media, etc) who is Miller friends with? We know Boes, Petey, Hughes are tight, Bo with Pearson, etc but who does Miller seem to be buddies with? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Guys need to bop.  Nothing brings guys closer.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

So frustrated players venting in the room are an issue?

I believe it's just part of losing.  Corey should really understand that part.

Besides, Hirsch has been trying to sell his narrative for awhile now:

F' Hirsch.

Guy is gifted a radio gig that he is not qualified for. Should be announcing in the minor leagues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Do you forget what GM, what coach, what the team did in the Bubble Playoffs?

Do you forget knocking out the defending Stanley Cup Champians (spelling courtesy of 'The Rat's Nose)?

Do you forget the feeling that it was all coming together?

Look what happened when Those Seattle Idiots fired Quinn.

Gave us (spit, spit) Rusty Iron Mike Keenan, Messier, etc?

What a bunch of losers you Fire Everybody folks are.

Go Canucks Go!

At this point I'm willing to call what happened on the bubble a bit of a fluke. They caught fire at the right time, played a pretty mediocre Wild team in the preliminary round, a Blues team that didn't care with a goalie that was falling apart at the time, before being ousted by a superior Vegas team. It was right place at the right time.

Let's not forget that prior to the rest of that season being cancelled the team was tailspinning right out of the playoffs. 

Hanging all of your hopes and dreams on one playoff run a year and a half ago during a complete anomaly of a season, when everything that's happened since then is indicating massive issues with ownership, management, coaching, and the players on the ice, is a good way to set yourself up for disappointment.

• Thanks 1