The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Kyle Clifford

Easy Claim for me too - we badly need some toughness and with Lowmoor on LTIR free's up a bottom 6 spot. 

Clifford is a tough guy - we could use someone who could spark something in the group and inject some give a $&!#. Hell even under big Willy how often did Dorsett do that for us. 

2 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Question is his speed.

Never much of a goal scorer.

30 years old and on the decline.

Not really a PKer.

He definitely is a mean MoFo and will go with anyone.

He's an older Mac... without as much speed.

Sad to say we already had what he offers, and we let it go.

Listen... If Cliffy checked all your boxes... Then why is he only making $1M and is available on waivers?? 

We are in desperate times now and need a real tough veteran to teach these baby boys how to step the F up!!! 

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

The fact that it makes too much sense for management to do it, is the only reason that they're not going to do it. 

I wouldn't hold my breath, everyone. 

Prepared to be disappointed in 24 hours. 

Be patient.. only less than 3 hrs to go.....

20 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I liked Hordichuk too. Good scrapper. Man how hockey has changed

Oh yes yes... that was one good sandpaper.. he played much bigger than his own size... oh well.. if you can't compete with toughness and physicality.. then at least try to outscore the opponents? LOL....

6 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Oh yes yes... that was one good sandpaper.. he played much bigger than his own size... oh well.. if you can't compete with toughness and physicality.. then at least try to outscore the opponents? LOL....

The weird thing is, on paper, our forward group should be solid in the goals department, but they're not.

10 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

At this point we should be claiming any player who doesnt wear a visor in 2021! If you can't beat them.... BEAT them!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The weird thing is, on paper, our forward group should be solid in the goals department, but they're not.

It's what happens when you have a coach remaining on the team that has a coaching record which doesn't show that much promise.

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's what happens when you have a coach remaining on the team that has a coaching record which doesn't show that much promise.

His coaching record's pretty much with us though. While I agree he's probably kind of stale for us at the moment, I don't know if he's a bad coach because his sample size in the NHL is literally....just us...

15 minutes ago, The Lock said:

His coaching record's pretty much with us though. While I agree he's probably kind of stale for us at the moment, I don't know if he's a bad coach because his sample size in the NHL is literally....just us...

WD has literally been with just us, minus some minor stops in LA... And green has had a much better roster than what WD ever had. Not to mention, WD overachieved significantly in his first season. The Canucks were at the top of the league. The closest that Green has done is the bubble.

Edited by Dazzle

27 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

WD has literally been with just us, minus some minor stops in LA... And green has had a much better roster than what WD ever had. Not to mention, WD overachieved significantly in his first season. The Canucks were at the top of the league. The closest that Green has done is the bubble.

I don't know. WD had vets who were arguably still good whereas Green has good players on paper but are still developing. You can kind of make an argument for either or having the better team and not be wrong either way. Green's team has the potential to be the better team in the end but, like I said, they're developing.

So I don't know if it's really that fair of a comparison when each coach was clearly in a different situation altogether.

Edit: I also want to point out that I don't think that 1st year WD had was a fluke so much as more of a remains of a past Presidents' Trophy winner at their end. Not saying WD was the reason for that season but more the players on that team. I'm kind of neutral on my stance of Green and WD anyway since, like I said, it's juist not a good comparison in my mind.

Edited by The Lock