The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Claude julien

Jd83

Claude Julien is a perfect fit this team. I would be thrilled to see him behind the bench. He knows what it takes to win and it would cool to see his system here with all the talent we have. I mentioned this before and got censored, probably gunna happen again. But would like to hear what your thoughts are if you get them in, in time. Lol 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

Claude Julien is a perfect fit this team. I would be thrilled to see him behind the bench. He knows what it takes to win and it would cool to see his system here with all the talent we have. I mentioned this before and got censored, probably gunna happen again. But would like to hear what your thoughts are if you get them in, in time. Lol 

Was Julien the Habs' coach before?

23 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

What makes Julien a "perfect fit"? He relied heavily on strong defensive defenseman and a commitment to team defense to drive offense. Most of his teams were not amazing offensively, they simply won a lot of close games. Not that there is anything wrong with winning close games, but I'm not so sure that style fits a roster that doesn't exactly have many defensive defensemen to speak of. Over his time with Boston, his special teams were only slightly above average and he had more dependable 2 way forwards at the time than Vancouver currently. 

Also, something about his firing from NJ just always makes me question his style. Everyone may not agree with Lou's management tactics but the bottom line is he wins and for him to fire Julien a week before playoffs when the team is in second in the conference, seems like there's more too it. 

Are we really that lazy simply to bring in a Boston castoff? It was alleged the Montreal players tuned him right out just before he was canned and plays an extremely boring system (which is why they fired him in their season replacing him with Ducharme). 

NO. NO. no.

Edited by BureBurrito

39 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Are we really that lazy simply to bring in a Boston castoff? It was alleged the Montreal players tuned him right out just before he was canned and plays an extremely boring system (which is why they fired him in their season replacing him with Ducharme). 

NO. NO. no.

Remember when he coached the Wild?  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

45 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

He never coached the Wild.  He started in Montreal. Then NJ, Boston, and then Montreal again 

lol  I was confusing him with Boudreau, who so many fans want as Green's replacement.  Don't know much about  Julien, except that he was the winning coach for the Boston Vancouver series.:angry:

1 hour ago, DefCon1 said:

Bylsma, Boucher, Boudreaux are good. Out of all the Bs, which one do you like most?

I have the most faith in Bylsma in terms of getting his team to perform in the playoffs.

However, I am really curious and intrigued with what Boudreau would do with Hughes. He turned Green into one of the best offensive defensemen in recent memory. How much would he get out of Hughes?