The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will there be a change in coaching or management before Wednesday?

-SN-

Will there be a change in coaching or management before Wednesday?   

323 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It hasn't changed yet and I don't think it will soon.

I gave Green a 30 game grace period before he was fired and we're close to that already with 14 games left.

But the EXACT same issues we see now are the EXACT same issues we saw the last few seasons except now we have the bonus of also having a terrible PK.

We were all excited about the roster before the season started.  Hockey pundits called it the deepest most skilled Canucks team since 2012 and literally everyone has fallen flat.  

We have numerous PPG quality players even under this dynamic.  Garland, Pettersson, Miller.  Boeser is a potential 40 goal scoring threat.  Hughes is a near ppg defenceman.  Hoglander and Podkolzin are young studs and their play shows that.

But instead of unleashing them creatively the EXACT same things are happening.

I say Green 14 games or less, benning...mid next season, possibly after this draft or 2023's draft to maximize his talent evaluation and wait for the conracts of a few GMs to run out (look at who's available end of this and next season)

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I am hoping that if Green is still coaching in Wednesday that the fans start a Fire Green chant.  I suspect that would force management's hand.

I hope there’s a Fire Green chant even if we somehow blow the Avs out.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Green's got a long leash. Might be up to the fans to get things moving quicker. (e.g. stop buying Canucks merch, stop going to games, or if you go, chant "Fire Green!", that kind of stuff. 

Stop going to games makes the most sense. It sends the most definite message and hits ownership where it hurts most. 

Firing benning now doesn't solve the team's losing this week. Maybe helps the team long term, but not right away.

If Green hasn't been fired by now, 2pm on Monday after a disastrous weekend he won't be probably til the 30 game point.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd prefer it if people just don't go to the game rather than act like a bunch of a-holes. Chanting Fire Green would be a crap move by the fans. Green, by all accounts, is a decent human being who looks to be in over his head here. He probably sees the writing on the wall, he doesn't need to hear it from a bunch of clowns at a game. 

A decent human being wouldn't be throwing his team under the bus while not holding himself accountable.  He simply is not welcome here and not showing up doesn't show as clear of a message.

Listening to McTavish the other night before the game? (can't recall), but he was saying how good of a coach Green is and that he's not the problem with the Canucks. How good of a coach he is?

Green has a losing record in his short, lackluster career as a head coach. Does McTavish mean he's a real good people person? Good for the youngens on the team?  Who cares about that, it's all about putting a great team on the ice and winning. Doesn't matter if you have a rookie sensation or not. McTavish isn't the first media/panel person to say what a good coach Green is. I don't get it. 

If it's about him being good with the young players and developing them, then he should be back coaching in the AHL.

• Cheers 1