The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 WJC Pool - Group B

AriGold

17 hours ago, Crabby said:

I told @Primal Optimistto take Koivunen with his repick :P

Says the guy with four of six picks pointless thus far.  I said good day. :P

Oh and even without Koivunen or Helenius' points... here is how i see the scoring before todays games: (unofficial quick tally from game scoresheets)

Primal Optimist 10
Nail 7
Canuck Surfer 7
Tylez 6
Crabby 6
Arigold 6
Theo5789 6
Phil the Thrill 5
BoKnows 2
Rush17 2

:P

Spoiler

Now Helenius, I was on the fence about in my process. He is a bit too big and lanky, generally those giants only get going after some time in the pros, and he was a bit underwhelming last year, so I opted for SImontailval due to his being on top lines and getting PP time. In case anyone wants to second guess my pick there as well. lol

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Hide contents

Now Helenius, I was on the fence about in my process. He is a bit too big and lanky, generally those giants only get going after some time in the pros, and he was a bit underwhelming last year, so I opted for SImontailval due to his being on top lines and getting PP time. In case anyone wants to second guess my pick there as well. lol

I'm a big supporter of Helenius i drafted him in both gml and fl. He unfortunately went really early in puck so i wasn't able to get the trifecta. I believe his speed and mean streak will help him become a good nhl player one day. I had very little expectations for this tournament but it seems he has found some good chemistry and might be ahead of my projections. 

His skating for his size is incredible. He reminds me of a better skating modern Martin Hanzal. I think if he can keep adding to his speed and pace of play he could possibly even become a second line C one day. In a realistic perspective tho he probably caps out as a 3 or 4C on a good playoff team. 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

A double edged sword... USA forfeits due to covid. 

We get the forfeit win with swiss but lose Mackie who's a ppg. Hmmmm 

Even worse, whoever tests positive for USA will miss the remainder of the tournament due to the 10 day quarantine rule.

Can't wait to see all the Americans b*tching because a few hours ago they switched the Q days from 10 to 5. Canada rigged the tournament incoming...

Edited by AriGold

Rank General Manager Point Total
1 Phil the Thrill 11
2 Crabby 11
3 Primal Optimist 10
4 Tylez 10
5 Nail 9
6 Canuck Surfer 9
7 theo5789 9
8 AriGold 6
9 Rush17 6
10 BoKnows 3

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Hl_fr8-R71Kymz6n_eWyJy-X14DOxdihD5xKsMuO2Ww/edit#gid=1199470285

Edited by Spoderman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Updated double check: we align.

Phil the Thrill 11
Crabby 11
Tylez 10
Primal Optimist 10
Nail 9
Canuck Surfer 9
Theo5789 9
Arigold 6
Rush17 6
BoKnows 3

I had previously missed swede shutout for theo and a Knazko point for Phil The Thrill. 

NEWS TODAY: Czechia placed in quarantine: will forfeit game to Finns today. BOOOOOOOoooooooo! I guess i get the goalie point at least. 

Edited by Primal Optimist